ATT sim unlocked 640XL on TMobile.

Compusmurf

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I have a Sim unlocked 640xl from ATT. I don't use ATT, I use Tmobile.

What do I need to do or what will I lose if I stick in my TMobile SIM into this phone and try to use it?

I know Band 12 isn't there, but shouldn't be an issue as no band 12 near me. No wifi calling but I never use that either.

So, what will I need to setup? APN? nothing? lol

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, once you stick your SIM in you should be able to make calls and texts, if all goes well, you may not need to do anything.

I didn't need to do any APN stuff when I stick my ATT SIM into things, but my sister's phones needed some prodding to work with her Straight Talk SIM. I imagine T-Mo would fall into the former camp considering its what, 3rd, 4th largest carrier?

If data isn't working right (make sure Wi-Fi is off to test) then APN stuff will have to be configured. Either in cellular+SIM or access point, both in Settings.

Compusmurf

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
It worked fine. No wifi calling as expected, and if you go through the diag menus, you can enable band 12 supposedly. Not that there is any Band 12 in my area yet. Don't install Win mobile 10 preview tho unless you don't mind lots of bugs still. I do have my other phone as primary line so I did windows 10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre