Unlocked RM-1096 getting AT&T H at signal bar

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Bought this at Amazon and still setting up. Reviews confirm that it should work with ATT LTE. I noticed that even though it connects fine to ATT network and I can send mms and everything (incl internet sharing), the signal bar shows ATT H and not 4G which is what others on Amazon wrote about theirs on the US networks. Any idea what the H means?

will do some speed tests later. Maybe I have to change the APN settings manually?
love what I got so far.

OK, once in a while I see H+

thanks

Last edited:

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Also, did you have a non-4G phone before? if yes, it takes some time to do IMEI change for them. They call it a IMEI mismatch. I would call them, have them repush the settings.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Also, did you have a non-4G phone before? if yes, it takes some time to do IMEI change for them. They call it a IMEI mismatch. I would call them, have them repush the settings.
ok, that is a good point. I wasn't aware of that. I was using my L520 for a week or so. That doesn't have LTE. Will call them now. Cheers

edit: a phone call and they matched the IMEI and I have 4G now. I owe you guys a beer !

love this phone

Last edited:

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
edit: a phone call and they matched the IMEI and I have 4G now. I owe you guys a beer !

I was thinking about purchasing one of these, but the LTE was the part I was concerned about, being an AT&T customer. I've read conflicting reports in trying to find the answer so far. So you're saying that once provisioned correctly in AT&T's system, it is getting LTE speeds (and displaying 4G rather than H or H+)?

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Just a note for US people trying to understand non-US phones, the terminology is different. For most places outside the US 4G means LTE, 3G means H+ and H, 2G means E and G. In the US the term 4G is used to mean H+ and 3G only means H so LTE is talked about as a separate thing. This is the result of annoying marketing techniques.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking about purchasing one of these, but the LTE was the part I was concerned about, being an AT&T customer. I've read conflicting reports in trying to find the answer so far. So you're saying that once provisioned correctly in AT&T's system, it is getting LTE speeds (and displaying 4G rather than H or H+)?
yes, the speeds I am getting on my 640 XL with 4G are comparable to speeds I was getting on my 830 with LTE.

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site

Download the app called 'net check', it will accurately identify which network you are on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs