Protect your tech:Get an Upsie warranty & save up to 70%
    Bought this at Amazon and still setting up. Reviews confirm that it should work with ATT LTE. I noticed that even though it connects fine to ATT network and I can send mms and everything (incl internet sharing), the signal bar shows ATT H and not 4G which is what others on Amazon wrote about theirs on the US networks. Any idea what the H means?

will do some speed tests later. Maybe I have to change the APN settings manually?
    love what I got so far.

OK, once in a while I see H+

thanks
    Last edited by Derausgewanderte; 08-11-2015 at 06:04 PM.
    08-11-2015 04:31 PM
    H means 3G.
    (H+ = "fauxG" 3.5G, L or LTE = 4G LTE)

Have you called ATT? Might need some work on their end.
    Derausgewanderte likes this.
    08-11-2015 04:42 PM
    H means 3G.
    (H+ = "fauxG" 3.5G, L or LTE = 4G LTE)

Have you called ATT? Might need some work on their end.
    I have not called them yet. I am afraid I already know their answer ;) (phone not supported)....

will call or stop by at local ATT store.
    08-11-2015 05:17 PM
    You just need to enter your APN. For AT&T I believe it's 'phone', should clear it up
    08-11-2015 05:49 PM
    You just need to enter your APN. For AT&T I believe it's 'phone', should clear it up
    that's what it shows under "view internet APN" already though.

edit: added own APN according to ATT's site. Same thing.
    will move around the area tomorrow and see if it changes.
    thanks
    Last edited by Derausgewanderte; 08-11-2015 at 06:36 PM.
    08-11-2015 06:05 PM
    Also, did you have a non-4G phone before? if yes, it takes some time to do IMEI change for them. They call it a IMEI mismatch. I would call them, have them repush the settings.
    08-11-2015 06:35 PM
    Also, did you have a non-4G phone before? if yes, it takes some time to do IMEI change for them. They call it a IMEI mismatch. I would call them, have them repush the settings.
    ok, that is a good point. I wasn't aware of that. I was using my L520 for a week or so. That doesn't have LTE. Will call them now. Cheers

edit: a phone call and they matched the IMEI and I have 4G now. I owe you guys a beer !

love this phone
    Last edited by Derausgewanderte; 08-11-2015 at 08:00 PM.
    xandros9 likes this.
    08-11-2015 06:59 PM
    edit: a phone call and they matched the IMEI and I have 4G now. I owe you guys a beer !
    I was thinking about purchasing one of these, but the LTE was the part I was concerned about, being an AT&T customer. I've read conflicting reports in trying to find the answer so far. So you're saying that once provisioned correctly in AT&T's system, it is getting LTE speeds (and displaying 4G rather than H or H+)?
    08-30-2015 08:26 AM
    Just a note for US people trying to understand non-US phones, the terminology is different. For most places outside the US 4G means LTE, 3G means H+ and H, 2G means E and G. In the US the term 4G is used to mean H+ and 3G only means H so LTE is talked about as a separate thing. This is the result of annoying marketing techniques.
    xandros9 likes this.
    08-30-2015 09:10 AM
    I was thinking about purchasing one of these, but the LTE was the part I was concerned about, being an AT&T customer. I've read conflicting reports in trying to find the answer so far. So you're saying that once provisioned correctly in AT&T's system, it is getting LTE speeds (and displaying 4G rather than H or H+)?
    yes, the speeds I am getting on my 640 XL with 4G are comparable to speeds I was getting on my 830 with LTE.
    08-30-2015 09:39 AM
    Download the app called 'net check', it will accurately identify which network you are on.
    09-01-2015 05:38 PM