The call+sms filter give me an error message, is there a fix for this?

W

WPCentral Question

call + sms filter gives me error message

Lumia 640 XL running Lumia denim. Call + SMS filter tool in settings and call history not working. Is there a fix for this?

Artur Potosyan

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: call + sms filter gives me error message

Lumia 930, OS 10.0.10586.29 the same problem,
could you please anyone help with this issue ?
Thank you.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: call + sms filter gives me error message

same here 640XL on ATT on 10586.29.
It worked a while back on a prior build. Not sure when it stopped.

On my wife's 640XL on 10586.11 it's missing entirely. Updating that to .29 now

hope it comes back magically

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
In W10M: Phone app > ... > Blocked calls > Hamburger > Settings, lower left, or Blocked List. Same steps in Messaging app. Ellipses and hamburgerz are convoluted.

In Phone or Messaging apps History, long press any caller or messenger you want to block and select Block.

I think the new Block & Filter, or something like that, system app that is DLed during fresh build restarts overrides the old SMS + Filter app in Extra settings.

Don't know the fix if Call + SMS filter isn't available in 8.1.

Last edited:

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
thanks, just checked all 4 of our phones on W10M and only mine actually has call and SMS filter under Extras. I guess in theory it shouldn't even be there.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
When I initially tried this yesterday, I couldn't get it to work from the call list, long-pressing the number I wanted to block didn't give the option to block. I then saw that that the app "Call+SMS" was available and tried that, but it didn't open. But now, if I long press a number I get the full list of options, including "block number". Weird, but at least it's working.

JenkinsEar

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Speccy: You ought to check to see if it really is working. I did the same thing you did, but the "blocked" calls keep on getting through..

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I use Truecaller now which integrates very well with Win10M, in case you're not familiar it shows whose calling even if they're not in your contact list, so basically you can choose to block or not answer organisations that you would prefer not to be bothered by. Truecaller shows this info on the screen as the call comes in and so is very useful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs