Lumia 640XL or New Model

Udit Yadu

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I currently own a Lumia 535 and the touch screen (even after all the updates and a couple of trips to the repair centre) kills me.

I am thinking of buying a new phone but I'm stuck between Lumia 640xl (large screen not favourable but I'd love a large battery) or Lumia 730 (like everything) or waiting for a successor to 730..

What would be the best choice..

P.S. The touch screen is unbearable

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I currently own a Lumia 535 and the touch screen (even after all the updates and a couple of trips to the repair centre) kills me.

I am thinking of buying a new phone but I'm stuck between Lumia 640xl (large screen not favourable but I'd love a large battery) or Lumia 730 (like everything) or waiting for a successor to 730..

What would be the best choice..

P.S. The touch screen is unbearable
640xl is better than 730.. And no 730 successor coming.. 830 successor is coming so you can wait for it but it will be a bit costly..

Udit Yadu

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Can I get a rough date when the new phones will be announced , because if its nearby , then waiting would be a better choice ..

trivishal

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Can I get a rough date when the new phones will be announced , because if its nearby , then waiting would be a better choice ..

Better, hope end of this year for Lumia 840 and next year's April for new Lumia 5** and 6** smartphones. Can't say about 7** smartphones for sure.

Udit Yadu

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Better, hope end of this year for Lumia 840 and next year's April for new Lumia 5** and 6** smartphones. Can't say about 7** smartphones for sure.

I cannot wait till April for a new phone , should I go for 730 or buy a Blu Win HD (its has Snapdragon 410 and Adreno 306 vs 400 & 305 in Lumia 730) ?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Here is the "tale of the tape."

Nokia Lumia 730 Dual SIM vs. BLU Win HD LTE - GSMArena.com

HD LTE has faster H+ and LTE which 730 does not
730 has Gorilla Glass 3 and HD LTE does not, but there are Tempered Glass screen protectors for HD LTE
HD LTE has been promised to upgrade to 10... 730 if unbranded is a safe bet for 10 as well
Zeiss is nice and the 730 has it, but no PureView and no OIS so the advantage for 730 camera is not as great as you might think
The SD 410 on the HD LTE should be more efficient and the battery is slightly larger so I would expect marginally better battery life.

I've been driving an HD LTE daily for a few weeks.

Here is my review: http://forums.windowscentral.com/blu-win-hd-lte/352997-blu-win-hd-lte-user-reviews.html#post3196155
And I have quite a few sample pics in this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/blu-win-hd-lte/352993-picture-videos-taken-your-blu-win-hd-lte.html

Udit Yadu

May 14, 2014
Visit site

730 has Gorilla Glass 3 and HD LTE does not, but there are Tempered Glass screen protectors for HD LTE
HD LTE has been promised to upgrade to 10... 730 if unbranded is a safe bet for 10 as well
Zeiss is nice and the 730 has it, but no PureView and no OIS so the advantage for 730 camera is not as great as you might think
The SD 410 on the HD LTE should be more efficient and the battery is slightly larger so I would expect marginally better battery life.

Here is my review: http://forums.windowscentral.com/blu-win-hd-lte/352997-blu-win-hd-lte-user-reviews.html#post3196155
And I have quite a few sample pics in this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/blu-win-hd-lte/352993-picture-videos-taken-your-blu-win-hd-lte.html

Thanks for ithe info ..
I decided to wait for a month and if 840/850 is good , I will go with that .

If not iI'd buy a 730 ...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I decided to wait for a month and if 840/850 is good , I will go with that .

IDK about "a month."

The next device announcement is still vaguely stated as "fall 2015." It is for the 950 and 950 XL. There is always a lag between announcement and when you can get it in your hands...

I think Holiday shopping season is more likely for actual consumer purchases. Remember that fall (in the northern hemisphere) runs through December 21st.

There is a rumored 840/50 on the table. It was canceled then reinstated. I'm sure that puts it behind the confirmed 950/950 XL by some ways.

Udit Yadu

May 14, 2014
Visit site
IDK about "a month."

The next device announcement is still vaguely stated as "fall 2015." It is for the 950 and 950 XL. There is always a lag between announcement and when you can get it in your hands...

I think Holiday shopping season is more likely for actual consumer purchases. Remember that fall (in the northern hemisphere) runs through December 21st.

There is a rumored 840/50 on the table. It was canceled then reinstated. I'm sure that puts it behind the confirmed 950/950 XL by some ways.

You know what , I just realised that I'll be moving to a hostel in September and keeping an expensive phone there is not a smart move..

So , I guess 850/840 is out of the picture , the choice remains between 730 and Win Blu HD..

I'd really like to go with Win Blu HD but 730 has its own advantages..

The major advantage Win Blu HD has over 730 is the new SD410 over SD 400 but I don't really know if that makes a lot of difference (considering there are no 64bit apps in Windows Phone Store).
Also , there is LTE but it is not available in my region so its pretty much useless for me.

I like 730's design better and the clearblack display <3

It all rests on Advantages of SD410 over SD 400

Udit Yadu

May 14, 2014
Visit site

I just read that Lumia 730 is not included in the list of phone that will get Windows 10 first.

There was Lumia 735 , does that mean Lumia 730 will get the update asking with the first wave of phors or will it get later ?

Karan Madhyani2

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 735 & 730 are same i guess. i stuck in this same dilema.. But i m going with lumia 730 as best design display n pocketable..

Only problm is absence of glance & lumia camera 5

However with windows 10 we get windows camera with all missing features.. N for glance i ll not require it as it is more of battery consumer

Udit Yadu

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 735 & 730 are same i guess. i stuck in this same dilema.. But i m going with lumia 730 as best design display n pocketable..

Only problm is absence of glance & lumia camera 5

However with windows 10 we get windows camera with all missing features.. N for glance i ll not require it as it is more of battery consumer

I am leaning towards 730 over 640xl because of sensor core (and design and stuff).

Udit Yadu

May 14, 2014
Visit site
One more thing , does the super sensitive touch screen make any difference when you are not using gloves..

Because I remember the super sensitive touch in my old 520 and it was just so much better than my 535..

Maybe it was the touch problems with 535..
But , does super sensitive touch screen make any difference without gloves ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb