Best camera app to use on the 640XL?

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I have gotten the wonderful Lumia 640XL and I am looking for a good camera app. I am not particularly fond of the pics that Lumia camera (old and new) version has to offer as the pics taken in low light conditions with the flash on is a little disappointing. It makes the picture look dark, grey and washed out. I have played around with the settings as I always do as the auto or preset settings are not the optimal so I changed the shutter speed too 0.3seconds and I worked but here is the problem it don't stay at that setting so I manually have to change the shutter speed everytime which is cumbersome. I am just looking for a camera app that will save my presets ao when launching the app I don't miss the shot playing with shutter speed.

Thanks Windows Central family.
?ire :)

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I have heard that the Microsoft Camera has various modes, such as night mode but the only way you have access to that is by setting it as a default camera.
However, Camera360 Sight is amazing, I have heard that recommended a lot and I see why.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I have heard that the Microsoft Camera has various modes, such as night mode but the only way you have access to that is by setting it as a default camera.
However, Camera360 Sight is amazing, I have heard that recommended a lot and I see why.

I had a try of it and I have to say its great but the pics dint come out right. I tried setting the shutter speed to 1 second and the pics are amazing but having to set it all the time annoys me.

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
From what i know the 640 series aren't exactly meant for lowlight photography. It performs well in well lit areas and macro shots from the reviews ive came across. Lowlight are generally on the 920, 830(these 2 perform better than the latter) and 930 & 1520. What comes to play has a lot to do with sensor size, focal point etc etc. Hope this helped you out~

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
From what i know the 640 series aren't exactly meant for lowlight photography. It performs well in well lit areas and macro shots from the reviews ive came across. Lowlight are generally on the 920, 830(these 2 perform better than the latter) and 930 & 1520. What comes to play has a lot to do with sensor size, focal point etc etc. Hope this helped you out~

I mean like I had the Lumia 520 and I was great in lowlight even though I hadn't a flash in the phone. Its a little disappointing upgrading and finding that its not built for low light when its carrying a flash and 13MP camera. Maybe Microsoft will update the camera app to allow for shutter speeds and other settings to remain on upon the apps closure then when accessing the app again the settings saved from previously remain on. Or they could add a profile feature to which you save your cam settings and just chose a profile setting or a custom saved setting. Hopefully!!

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I recommend the ProShot app hands down. It saves your settings from the manual mode and you can save your own custom presets for different situations. Make sure you have a nice tripod handy and you should be fine. I've seen excellent lowlight pictures from the 640XL on Instagram.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I mean like I had the Lumia 520 and I was great in lowlight even though I hadn't a flash in the phone. Its a little disappointing upgrading and finding that its not built for low light when its carrying a flash and 13MP camera. Maybe Microsoft will update the camera app to allow for shutter speeds and other settings to remain on upon the apps closure then when accessing the app again the settings saved from previously remain on. Or they could add a profile feature to which you save your cam settings and just chose a profile setting or a custom saved setting. Hopefully!!

I see, never really bothered with lowlight on the 520 when i had it, the physical button also kinda died for me.

To met your expectations, proshot actually has something like that, where you can save a profile and use it when you want~

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I see, never really bothered with lowlight on the 520 when i had it, the physical button also kinda died for me.

To met your expectations, proshot actually has something like that, where you can save a profile and use it when you want~

Oh I didn't know that I'm going to try it again :)

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Great. It should be on the lower right under auto, swipe down till you see manual, there are a few i think.

I tried it there are good ones there bt the pics do come out either too bright and or blurry. Sure ill stick to Lumia cam for the moment and adjust accordingly.

Armando Zertuche

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
I agree with ProShot it pays to get it for 3 dollars with tax but it's the only way I can get the Lumia 640 XL to give me the 13MP shot it the camera has. Because I think the Lumia 640 XL is actually 10MP.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi djeire84,

I believe the solution to your dilemma is Lumia Camera Beta.

Here's the link
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ph/store/apps/lumia-camera-beta/9wzdncrfjbm0

Here's what's different in Lumia Camera Beta from the regular Lumia Camera app.

• Microsoft Office Lens is now accessible as an in-app lens in Lumia Camera. Download it here if you don't have it installed already.
  • When switching between the pro controls and the auto controls, an on-screen message will now say either "pro" or "auto" to remind you where you are.
  • When you leave the app, any pro settings you made will remain for the next time you load the camera up. But not if you force close the app completely.
  • Under Video, there is now an "Audio bass filter" again with three options: Default (100Hz), Off and Strong (200Hz). Off will ensure the entire range of sound is recorded, the default is recommended for most all round conditions and strong will filter out low frequencies like engine noise.
  • It now says "capture Living Images" instead of just "Living Images." Just in case.
  • References to Dolby 5.1 have been removed beneath the surround sound option on supported devices
  • There's now text guiding you beneath the camera key press and hold options which says: "Choose what happens when you press and hold the camera key in photo mode."
  • Some of the fonts are a little bigger in the gray text beneath settings options.

I hope this helps :wink:

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I agree with ProShot it pays to get it for 3 dollars with tax but it's the only way I can get the Lumia 640 XL to give me the 13MP shot it the camera has. Because I think the Lumia 640 XL is actually 10MP.

I think it is something to do with the cropping and what resolution you're shooting in (eg: 16:9, 4:3 and 1:1).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750