Where is File Explorer?

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Windows always has File Explorer built in so you can manage directories and files.

I have been unable to find File Explorer in the list of app's etc. on this phone.

Is it hidden somewhere?

How are you supposed to move files and perform other file actions without File Explorer?

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the response. Much appreciated.
Don't understand why they held the Files app out of a Windows Installation. Damn near unusable without it.
I grabbed it a couple of minutes ago.

I am signed into the Insiders program and am running W10 on this desktop right now.

So far it hasn't offered to update to W10.

It comes with Office too, but I already have an Office 365 subscription so how should I go about installing Office on the phone? Should I got to Microsoft Office 365 and install from there or install from the phone icon?
Hmmmm.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the response. Much appreciated.
Don't understand why they held the Files app out of a Windows Installation. Damn near unusable without it.
I grabbed it a couple of minutes ago.

I am signed into the Insiders program and am running W10 on this desktop right now.

So far it hasn't offered to update to W10.

It comes with Office too, but I already have an Office 365 subscription so how should I go about installing Office on the phone? Should I got to Microsoft Office 365 and install from there or install from the phone icon?
Hmmmm.

On the phone, you'll need to download the Windows Insider app from the store, and run it, (choose fast ring etc) to enable your phone to download Windows 10 mobile preview builds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon