The pictures I take are not recognized by the phone after I take them, what could the problem be?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

The pictures I take are not recognized by the phone afcter I take them

I just Bought the lumia 640 xl and everything was going well until last weekend I stertaed experiencing this problem with the pictures that I take, basically, I take the pictures and i cen see them for a couple of minutes, then the phone does not recognize the format of the pictures, so I dont have access to the pictures that I take. I tried downloading them from my phone, but my pc does not recognice the format either.

I did a reset and nothing changed, I did a hard reset and nothing changed.

Please help me, ii really like this phone and this is the only problem that I?ve had with it

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: The pictures I take are not recognized by the phone afcter I take them

I suspect that you're using an SD Card as the default save location for the images you take? If yes, then most likely your SD card has already started to fail. Most SD Cards automatically write-protect themselves once they start to fail to prevent data loss... but that also prevents data from being saved on it - hence possibly explaining why your newer photos can't be recognized (they weren't saved in the first place).

Consider checking your SD Card through your PC (both for the photos you tried to take through a file recovery software, and for corrupt/bad sectors), or consider buying a new SD Card directly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss