How can I improve the picture resolution of my 640 XL?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

how to improve picture resolution 640 xl ?

when i take a pic by the camera while it was capturing the pic look good .. but after this the picture saved on the mobile in bad quality as not was while i was capturing !!!

the picture looks more sharpenss but after loading picture in gallery *adding finishing touches* it looks awful and more blured and not the same while i was taking the picture .. any help please !?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: how to improve picture resolution 640 xl ?

There are many possible causes for a blurry photo, especially if the preview looked a lot better than the final image:
1. shaky hands, especially if the exposure time is long; this is also true when the shutter button is pressed with excessive force, causing the phone to move while the shot is being taken;
2. high ISO values, increasing noise (which others mistake as blurriness);
3. poor or low lighting, which results in longer exposure time, which then increases the chance of camera shake, resulting in a blurry image; low light also automatically makes the camera increase ISO value.
4. smudges on the lens (unlikely since the preview was clear, though it's still worth checking);
5. unwanted Rich Capture effects (just disable it if you don't like it);
6. camera was out-of-focus when the shot was finally taken, as opposed to the preview.

What OS version is your L640XL running anyway?

You may create a Windows Central account to respond in this thread. Additionally, with a Windows Central account, you can post sample images here so we can more accurately deduce the state of affairs specific to your concern.

P.S.
There is no way to improve the resolution of a camera once the camera is using the maximum resolution of the sensor - this is a hardware limitation. What can be done, however, is to improve on the technique of photography given the inherent limitations of the device.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

If you don't like the post processing applied by one app, try another. You will still face some post processing done in hardware though. If you want to take control and apply your own post processing manually, take the photo in raw form and use a good photo and image processing package like Photoshop or Gimp. If your phone can't take raw images (don't know about the 640 but my 930 can), or frankly even if it can, you're probably at the point where using a proper camera would be more appropriate than a mobile phone. Still, if you're caught short then raw mode on the phone should suit your purposes so you might want to consider such when buying your next phone if the 640 doesn't meet your needs. Have you checked to see if there's a raw mode in there? Take a look.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like something is wrong with your camera. My 640 XL takes very nice photos, even my 640 takes nice photos, not blurry at all.

People's eyes are different. You may like the post processing, but just because you do doesn't mean people who don't like it have a broken phone. Without a lot more info your comment is silly and unhelpful.

jcrod73

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
For us the outcome of living images and rich capture are not always what we expected on our 640XLs. I turned living images off and have not seen blurred images as often.

I agree...what is the point of Living Images if you can't share them? Once you copy the photo off the phone up to One Drive or your computer it's useless. It's just a plain picture.

adarsh thambi

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site

hey, i am also having lumia 640 xl and noticed this problem.
have you resolved that?
ny way i just found a small solution, ie to make ur lumia camera to default setting.
then its better, but you cannot capture with 4:3 (4:3 which gives 13mp, while 16:9 gives only 10 mp).
if you had found any better solution please reply
thank u ..:)

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

hey, i am also having lumia 640 xl and noticed this problem.
have you resolved that?
ny way i just found a small solution, ie to make ur lumia camera to default setting.
then its better, but you cannot capture with 4:3 (4:3 which gives 13mp, while 16:9 gives only 10 mp).
if you had found any better solution please reply
thank u ..:)
not sure what you mean by "you cannot capture with 4:3". I have Lumia Camera, Lumia Camera Beta and Camera (MS default) on my phone and all three allow me to set 4:3 fine.

adarsh thambi

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site

i mean that the bluring does not occour if u set lumia camera in default setting, but after setting it default and you are going to change aspect ratio, bluring problem happens. it is what i noticed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss