URGENT advice needed. I ordered a memory expansion card

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I ordered a memory expansion card and it just arrived.

How do I open this phone to install it?
The kid at the AT&T store just sorta popped it open somehow when he put the SIM card in but I didn't see how he did it.

Are there videos of how to open the Lumia 640 XL somewhere?

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
you pry the bottom edge of the case with your thumbs away from the screen while you have your fingers on the back of the phone, preferably on the other half of the phone for better leverage. You should be able to pop the case off at some point and then slide your finger (or finger nail) along the edge to get the tabs pop off all around. Start with a corner.
It's better to do that from the bottom of the phone as others have noticed that sometimes the strain will weaken the area with the button holes.
It works every time on my own phone but I always need some extra time on my wife's phone. YMMV

here is a video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8RKWtKqytg

PS: what do you mean by Urgent???:winktongue:

Last edited:

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the response.
I wandered into You Tube and saw them do it there and got the mem card installed.
Only dropped the phone once and the battery popped out :angry:
Put it all back together and it seems to work just fine.

They did one thing right for sure.

When I turned it on, it auto-recognized that I had put a memory card in and asked me what I wanted to save there with pretty much everything being the default. I got 64 gigs to have room for everything I might ever do with the phone and more.

I was very pleased that it took care of switching the storage locations to the expansion card and I didn't have to dig through menus to figure out how to do it.

good job Microsoft / Lumia / Nokia

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett