Is it worth me getting WP10TP Lumia 640XL?

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Just as the post suggests I am wondering should I use the insider app to download/upgrade my Lumia 640XL to windows 10? Is the current build really stable??

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I had what I thought was a stable build on my old Lumia 520 and it broke my heart. Very laggy and had it out of my phone after it was in only a week.

Works very well on my 720 with some minkr lags and stuttering.. It would work on 640xl pretty smooth.. 520 is the most low end device so it will perform worse.. Watch 640xl videos on youtube running 512 amd decide whether to install or not.. ;)

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
No, it was not stable at all when I have tried few weeks ago, Have to reverse to 8.1

Ok so ill wait I have upgraded and downgraded my old Lumia so much it was just plain annoying more then anything just don't wanna be wearing out my new hardware as I only have the 640XL over a week lol

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Works very well on my 720 with some minkr lags and stuttering.. It would work on 640xl pretty smooth.. 520 is the most low end device so it will perform worse.. Watch 640xl videos on youtube running 512 amd decide whether to install or not.. ;)

What's the latest build number I should look out for in case I decide later to upgrade?

BB_Jay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
The latest build is 10512. My experience has been great with this build...its been very stable on my Icon, which is my daily driver. The biggest annoyance I've found is with the Outlook email app, but other than that all works well for me.

Keep in mind its a technical review, so if you're open to dealing with a few quirks here and there, you'll be fine.

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Latest build is great on 640 if u can put up with some minor quirks such as lock screen delay and edge reloading pages the odd time.I find the core functionality of w10 does work well for everyday use,but there are tons of other bugs that appear depending on what ur doing.

VetDuarte

May 4, 2014
Visit site
My wife's 640xl is running 512 and she hasn't complained.
The Lumia was with me first (bought it just to play with w10), and aside some delay from time to time and some apps not working (very, very few), it was great.
I would go for it. Just factory reset before AND after upgrading. The AFTER reset is REALLY important, as all the real quirks I had with the release were gone once I had a hard reset.

Enviado de meu SM-N910C usando Tapatalk

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
A mixed bag of reviews I suppose the only way to know is to upgrade foe myself and see. But omg I know from experience that ill have to downgrade again. Thanks so much everyone for your feedback.

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
A mixed bag of reviews I suppose the only way to know is to upgrade foe myself and see. But omg I know from experience that ill have to downgrade again. Thanks so much everyone for your feedback.

Never know, you might like it. I also am running 512 on my icon with good results. Most irritating to me is lock screen information lagging.. Small glitches here and there.. Big improvement on battery life. Be sure to hard reset as suggested in above posts..

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
read my comments here in this post. I am actually pleasently surprised how well it runs on my 640XL. My experience with previous builds on my L830 didn't go that well.

You can even interop unlock it (still) and change registry to put maps onto sdcard. Important on the 8Gb phone. Another nice feature is that it runs with 5 action items and Large Screen features (row of 4 medium tiles). That gives you the full 5.7" screen estate.

cheers

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Never know, you might like it. I also am running 512 on my icon with good results. Most irritating to me is lock screen information lagging.. Small glitches here and there.. Big improvement on battery life. Be sure to hard reset as suggested in above posts..

Thanks for your advise and yes the hard reset is great because it removes any residual update files. Thank you :)

rayf888

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
From the view of stability, yes, 10512 is good enough for everyday, there's no (too much) lagging. A lot of the basic phone functionalities are perfectly functional.

However, for me, the hamburger menu doesn't work with my short thumb (maybe?!). But ditching the functional and elegant pivot for the hamburger?! Are you serious Microsoft? Yes, it's getting me to use my 640XL with both hands, kinda inconvinence sometimes... :winktongue:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos