How can I get my Outlook Mail app working?

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Outlook Mail app not working

I have spent the morning trying to set up email via Outlook Mail app under W10 with the latest builds.

I got so desperate I finally went to the ISP and changed my Password even though I hated like hell to do it because they won't let me reuse it again.
Went to the Lumia and ran the app and input the ABSOLUTELY CORRECT EASY TO REMEMBER PASSWORD --- absolutely no question it is the right one.

App started and chewed for awhile and then went back to the password screen.

Went to my desktop ( this computer ) and went to Outlook and it, of course, wouldn't work until I changed the password.
Changed to the new password and the email came flooding in.
No Problem.

But the app will not let me set the ports for sending and receiving. Seems to be a very crudely done app.
Or if there is a way I haven't found it yet.

Anyone know the secret of getting the Outlook Email app to communicate with Cox.com?

BluWarrior

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Outlook Mail app not working

A) your running a beta os, tons of issues even ones that make no sense will occur
B) try contacting cox.com support and see if they can help you

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Outlook Mail app not working

Yes it is beta but Outlook is a pretty major part of running Windows and I can't imagine I'm the only one having this problem.
Cox is a major ISP in the West and I would just about bet a months pension check that I'm not the only one with a Lumia 640 Xl using Cox for their email.

I don't know how Cox support could help. The email account is configured correctly -- at least in as much as the Outlook app LETS me configure it. Can't believe there is no way to tell it what ports to use to send / receive. But the settings it will let me enter are all correct and they all work on the Desktop under W10 with no problem.

Email on my Surface Pro works fine too.

Just not on the Windows Phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon