Chronic Reboots - 4 times a day

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Why is my Lumia 640 XL (purchased from AT&T) randomly rebooting itself 4 times a day?

I've already gone in and had them swap the SIM cards, and I spent a day with the SD Card removed. No difference.

It just keeps rebooting...Do I have a dud that I should see if they will replace? Or are there other possible fixes?

skt_diaz

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Why is my Lumia 640 XL (purchased from AT&T) randomly rebooting itself 4 times a day?

I've already gone in and had them swap the SIM cards, and I spent a day with the SD Card removed. No difference.

It just keeps rebooting...Do I have a dud that I should see if they will replace? Or are there other possible fixes?

I had the same problem with lumia 640 when i first got it. Go to settings and check for software updates. It will stop after you have the latest updates installed. I installed 2 updates back to back and it stopped completely

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem with lumia 640 when i first got it. Go to settings and check for software updates. It will stop after you have the latest updates installed. I installed 2 updates back to back and it stopped completely

When I check for updates it says the phone is up to date.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I know this sounds strange, but I actually fixed it just by removing the case I had on the phone. I'm wondering if it was too tight or something and may have been slightly pressing down on the keys causing it to restart or something. Anyway, I took the case off on 9/2 and it has not rebooted on its own since that day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa