09-02-2015 08:47 AM
31 12
tools
    Its a common problem with apps having the "infamous loading and resuming screens" for every device even Lumia 1520.And to prevent that loading and resuming msft introduced splash screen for apps.if there are no splash screens even hello world app would show that loading screen.

You would have really appreciated windows phone during 8.0 days(buttery smooth no lag even on my Lumia 520) not 8.1.
    I have no "infamous loading and resuming screens" on my L1520.
    It still looks and works as from day one, even a bit better after recent updates.
    MikeSo likes this.
    09-02-2015 01:28 AM
    You can't buy a low end phone and expect high end performance dude. Go into a shop and play with the 930.
    09-02-2015 02:16 AM
    You can't buy a low end phone and expect high end performance dude. Go into a shop and play with the 930.
    So we need an high end phone even to open an app smoothly?
    09-02-2015 04:58 AM
    So we need an high end phone even to open an app smoothly?
    Its happens even on android with similar hardware because of the limited ram. You cant expect all apps to remain open in the background after a certain point.
    Arizona Willie likes this.
    09-02-2015 05:57 AM
    @OP

Being a person who started using WP with a L920 and being over two years on this forum I can say from both personal experience and that of others on here that not every WP is perfect regardless how much that may irk people on this forum.

To fix issues it can be as simple as a reset, hard reset or a complete re-install of the firmware via the recovery tool.

With mass production things go wrong. It's really that simple.

All hardware is subject to imperfection. From the chipset to the motherboard to the touch screen. Because of this you can run into various issues. Then you add bad install of the firmware on top of that.

Sometimes apps may not install correctly. Always a possibility.

Using a preview software creates even more possibility of things going wrong.

If you want to see your phone working at it's best, re-install W8.1 with the recovery tool without a restore. Then install one app at a time using WiFi (using mobile data can sometimes cause corruption in downloads) to see if performance changes. Go into Battery Saver and set what apps you want running in the background. Too many apps and it can slow the phone down, doesn't matter how good WP is at operating background tasks.

With all the different ways in which we use our phones it's sometimes surprising that things don't go wrong more often.

If you don't have the recovery software it's here - FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - UK

Windows Phone is great but it's not without it's issues like some users would have you believe and it's most definitely not perfect.
    09-02-2015 06:15 AM
    Fast enough to do what OP?
    09-02-2015 08:47 AM
31 12