Lock tiles?

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I have this problem both on my Lumia and my Surface Pro tablet and my desktop computer.

Tiles do not stay where I put them.

If I move one tile a whole bunch of tiles change position and it pisses me off big time.

Is there any way ... 3rd party programs accepted ... to LOCK THE DAMN SCREEN when we have it set the way we want it?

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I have asked about this on other Windows forums such as for the Surface and I don't understand why EVERYONE isn't screaming about this. Any time you add a new app or something it screws up your entire layout. How hard could it be to program a screen lock to prevent changes? Sure it might be a minor pain to lock and unlock via the app / setting but how often would a person have to do that? Everyone should be sending in feedback complaining that we can't actually lock the screen so our layout doesn't get messed up.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I have asked about this on other Windows forums such as for the Surface and I don't understand why EVERYONE isn't screaming about this. Any time you add a new app or something it screws up your entire layout. How hard could it be to program a screen lock to prevent changes? Sure it might be a minor pain to lock and unlock via the app / setting but how often would a person have to do that? Everyone should be sending in feedback complaining that we can't actually lock the screen so our layout doesn't get messed up.
this is really old news and has been discussed since windows 8 came out. People have been screaming about it in the W8 support forums...

I don't think this belongs in the 640 XL forum though.

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
If it wasn't so sad ... it would be funny.

On the links you gave it tells how to Organize Your Desktop ... which, after you go to the trouble of Organizing it, promptly moves to suit itself whenever anything is added or subtracted.

And all the time you spent arranging / organizing goes right down the crapper.

I'm surprised some 3rd party hasn't produced an app to lock the damn screen. Surely it is possible.

I'd definitely pay for THAT app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss