Phone storage came down without installing anything, how could this have happened?

W

WPCentral Question

Phone storage came down without any installation

Hi...my phone is lumia 640xl....today i found that my the Phone storage free space has dropped down from 2.25gb to 1.20gb without installation of any apps , games or medias...all the apps media downloads are directed to sd card...i dont understand how this happend without any installation...help me

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Phone storage came down without any installation

Hi...my phone is lumia 640xl....today i found that my the Phone storage free space has dropped down from 2.25gb to 1.20gb without installation of any apps , games or medias...all the apps media downloads are directed to sd card...i dont understand how this happend without any installation...help me

many possibilities. Could be email attachments, maps, temporary internet files etc.
Open Storage check or Storage from the apps list and check which of the apps use up the storage. You can also direct some more apps to the SDCard.
Mine is at 1.4Gb with 4.78Gb for system and that is fine. As long as your are above 1Gb it should be OK.

While you look at that you can delete Temorary files. When I just did that my free space on the phone went up to 1.85Gb, which doesn't add up since I only had 120Mb in temporary.
So, deleting Temporary files may free up some more space than is actually listed. System went from 4.78Gb down to 4.3Gb at the same time.

hope that helps.

Last edited:

arun ma

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I've installed storage cleaner from store ..but not that much result...i found that in ashort span of time in difference of one day the phone storage came down by 1gb...but how to delete those temporary files and other files???
please see the screen shot of my phone storage...wp_ss_20151015_0001.pngwp_ss_20151015_0002.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac