Not using Sim in slot one

AcGolfer

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, I'm new to smartphones, after retiring and turning in my flip phone I decided on a Microsoft phone. So I purchased a Lumia 640 XL Lte Dual Sim RM 1065, AT&T compatibly from B&H.

I received the phone today and took it up to Cricket tonight. They did not seemed familiar with it. They couldn't get the Sim to work in slot #1 but she did get it to work in slot #2.
Do you see any problem with using only one Sim and using it in slot #2.
Thanks in advance.
PS: So far I like the look of the display.

Alex Jong

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
They couldn't get the Sim to work in slot #1 but she did get it to work in slot #2.
Do you see any problem with using only one Sim and using it in slot #2.
Thanks in advance.
PS: So far I like the look of the display.

Firstly welcome to the family. :) Just a quick question what was the error message you got? Have you tried other Sim Cards and see if it worked or not?

AcGolfer

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Alex, I don't think there was any error messages. I was at Cricket and see was using the store Sim Card, 1st she insert her Sim Card in slot #1 and she said it wasn't finding Cricket network then she added another store Sim Card into slot #2. The 2nd Sim Card found the cricket network and she finally decided that slot #2 was going to work with one Sim Card. She then proceeded to install a new Sim Card in slot #2.
So far it seem to be working fine, only been running on Wi-Fi Network at home. Does it mater which slot the phone is using, how can I be sure I'm setup for LTE 4G?
Thanks

Alex Jong

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Alex, I don't think there was any error messages. I was at Cricket and see was using the store Sim Card, 1st she insert her Sim Card in slot #1 and she said it wasn't finding Cricket network then she added another store Sim Card into slot #2. The 2nd Sim Card found the cricket network and she finally decided that slot #2 was going to work with one Sim Card. She then proceeded to install a new Sim Card in slot #2.
So far it seem to be working fine, only been running on Wi-Fi Network at home. Does it mater which slot the phone is using, how can I be sure I'm setup for LTE 4G?
Thanks

What I suggest you can do is probably test and see if you have any other sim cards from different network you can pop it in. Doesn't really matter actually which sim slot for LTE 4G as both slots supports 4G. You test by pull down your notification bar and check right under the signal of your sim card, it will show the telco name and what type of connection you're on. If it shows 4G/LTE you should be fine :)

AcGolfer

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, for some reason I thought only the 1st slot was 4G. After 1 day everything seem to be working fine, I just checked the connection and it reads LTE, so I'm good to go. Now to figure the camera out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo