International vs US version

bucfan11

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
I'm looking at buying a new 640XL Dual Sim international from B&H or the $50 more U.S. version from MS Store. I read a review that said reception and data problems exist on the international version. I'm not sure I believe that but if true I'll spend $50 more for the US version.
Any difference in the phones? Will I have issues with the non U.S. version?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm looking at buying a new 640XL Dual Sim international from B&H or the $50 more U.S. version from MS Store. I read a review that said reception and data problems exist on the international version. I'm not sure I believe that but if true I'll spend $50 more for the US version.
Any difference in the phones? Will I have issues with the non U.S. version?
I believe it will depend on which international version. B&H usually sell the Americas variant, which provides LTE too. I believe @Derausgewanderte has an international version.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
yes, as libra mentioned, my wife and I own an international version purchased from Amazon. We never had any issues with reception. LTE shows up as 4G in the international version. I've tested speed and it corresponds to LTE. I recently went to Canada and had not problems either. You will loose visual voicemail if you are on ATT. I find youmail a good alternative if you miss that functionality.

One thing to consider is definitely the warranty. The phones I purchased from Amazon do not come with the same warranty that you get for the US version. If the difference is only $50 I'd definitely consider that. There are a number of people who had issues with yellow spots on the screen after a while and they have a hard time getting it replaced under warranty. See here and here and here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo