I am using windows lumia 640 XL. It has 8 GB of internal memory. It has Win 8.1 in it. Now, I have updated to Win 10 and still getting updates, the latest update is (windows 10 technical preview for phones (10.0.10586.11) of more than 400+MB). I want to ask that if these updates continuously receiving by user then the phones performance can effect and the phone can hang or can become slow with such large volume OS in it.
    Please reply me on this topic because as a user of Lumia phone i want to know Microsoft policy about updates of software.
    11-21-2015 01:38 AM
    Hello and welcome to Windows Central.

The policies of Microsoft are quite detailed, and enumerating them here would take some time. However, in general, these PREVIEW builds are based on the feedback from users involved in the Insider Program, and are an improvement of the build it succeeded. Nonetheless, especially in earlier builds, a lot of unreliable performance has been observed even rendering devices completely unusable. Fortunately, the current build (10586) is already quite stable - in fact, the new Lumia 950 came with this build installed. Still, experience per device may vary.

For more details on the policies and relevant information about being an Insider, open your Windows Insider app and tap on "Learn more about becoming a Windows Insider".

You may create a Windows Central account to Reply in this thread.
    11-21-2015 02:32 AM