Lumia 640 XL - Offline Maps - Endless Map Cancellation?

Steria640

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Lumia 640 XL, running Windows 10 (version 1511, OS build 10.0.10586.29).

(Picture link on the bottom)

I successfully downloaded one map first, and then I wanted to download another map. However, it seemed to get stuck in the download, so I clicked "cancel". HOWEVER, now the "process circle" is just spinning it's wheels, and nothing is happening to that map download/cancellation. I do not see anywhere I can stop this or remove the process... The "delete all maps" button among others are grayed out. I tried to restart the unit, but this does not make any difference. The phone is working fine otherwise, I just cannot do anything with the maps in the offline map section!

How can I fix this?

See image below (copy link and edit (dot) and (slash) ):

------> imgur (dot) com (slash) vl1eqXY <-----

Last edited:

Steria640

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Re: Lumia 640 XL - Offline Maps - Endless Map Cancellation? Help

Soft reset?

I just now attempted a soft reset (holding down the volume down + power button).
It did not fix the issue.

What else can I try? I want to avoid doing a hard reset of the phone.

Last edited:

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
There must be an option to individually select maps and delete it. Is it there?

Can you take screenshot upload it in one drive and share the link here.

Steria640

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site

There must be an option to individually select maps and delete it. Is it there?

Can you take screenshot upload it in one drive and share the link here.

If you see on the picture link (1st post), there is a button to "delete all maps" but it is grayed out (cannot click it). Also, when I click on the other map that was successfully downloaded I get an option to "delete" that one, but it is also grayed (probably because there is an ongoing process with the other map install/cancellation that is just spinning its wheels.

Does anyone have an idea to what I can do?
This is my first Windows phone, and I really like it so far, I just have to figure out this little issue...

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site

If you see on the picture link (1st post), there is a button to "delete all maps" but it is grayed out (cannot click it). Also, when I click on the other map that was successfully downloaded I get an option to "delete" that one, but it is also grayed (probably because there is an ongoing process with the other map install/cancellation that is just spinning its wheels.

Does anyone have an idea to what I can do?
This is my first Windows phone, and I really like it so far, I just have to figure out this little issue...

This could be the insider bug too. Not sure. Why don't u stop ur internet connection and wait for sometime. See whether it stops and gives a warning.

Steria640

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
I figured out a solution a while ago, just forgot to share it here.

Since I had the maps stored on the SD card, I went into "storage" and clicked on 'remove SD card'. Then I restarted the phone normally, downloaded the maps again and it worked. I do not know why the original issue happened in the first place, but it has been resolved now.

Thanks for the tips ITT.

On a sidenote; is my Windows 10 version the latest stabile one?
When I tried to click "update" a few weeks ago under the settings, it put my phone in an endless start-up boot loop.
Is there a "right way" of updating the OS on the phone?

Thanks for replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss