I inserted Kingston SDXC UHS-1 64GB memory card in my Lumia 640XL I don't know phone stucked

bilalzulqarnain7

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
like when I end a call it just keep showing me ending or when I use Whats app it keeps on resuming the app but never resumes similarly other apps too keeps on loading but never opens. I tried to shut down it but the screen stucked at goodbye. than I have to remove battery and than have to switch it on. Please help me !

bilalzulqarnain7

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
OK Guys ! here what happened and what I did today. My phone was on full signal strength but I wasn't receiving any calls and sms. So I removed the SD Card and inserted it in computer and it says some problem and I scanned and repaired it but doesn't work. So I format it from my Lumia 640 XL and then I reinstalled the Apps from store now it is working best. So I suggest that when you inserted a card in it Install apps from store instead of directly moving them from your Lumia. Because when you directly move the apps from your phone it occupies lots of space and also slowed down. e.g my twitter app was covering 495 MB and facebook app 738 MBs similarly others too.

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
So last week I had issues using a pair of microSD cards that I tend to reuse in my devices. One is a SanDisk; the other is a Samsung. Both cards are class 10 and work just fine in my Nikon or my Android phones. The only thing I could think of was when I selected adopt storage in Android 6.0 on my Moto G 2015 that it somehow affected the card in a negative way.
I did format the card (1) in my Android phone and (2) on my PC to see if I could correct the problem. After a reset, my card would go from 32/64 GB of storage available to only 15.83 MB. I had limited success with the format done on my Android phone. To make sure it was not the Moto G, I chose another phone that I have as a backup to format the card. What would happen on my Lumia, though, is after I powered down and later restarted my phone the storage would go back down to 15.38 MB available.
I decided to use my Best Buy Rewards and got a new 64GB microSD. The issue has not come up again.
Lumia 640 XL
Unlocked North American Version / RM-1064

Guidos Dad

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I have a similar problem on my Lumia 650. I have two different SanDisk's, one a 32gb and one a 64 gb. I've used both on my Moto X. The 32gb I've got working on the 650. The 64 though if I format on the 650 or in my PC so the 650 will read it it reads as only about 15.8 MB of space available. Tech service on the Microsoft store from where I purchased the 650 said to format it on the PC with NFST (think that is what its called?) but when I do that it tells me ive got the 15.8 MB! I really would like something bigger than the 32 GB card for my 650 but I'm afraid to spend the money and have the same problem! Any suggestions? Something to do with having used it on an Android? I used the 32gb on the Android also?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05