Version 586.164 vs. Windows 10 official?

Steria640

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
I got a notification that 586.164 was ready to be downloaded on my phone today. I am currently in the process of installing it on my phone.

My question is; is this the update to the Official Windows 10 version?

If not, what is the difference?
What is the best way I can get the official release if this is not the one? I heard they finally released it.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I got a notification that 586.164 was ready to be downloaded on my phone today. I am currently in the process of installing it on my phone.

My question is; is this the update to the Official Windows 10 version?

If not, what is the difference?
What is the best way I can get the official release if this is not the one? I heard they finally released it.

yes thats the official. BTW do mention your device and how you got the update?

Steria640

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
I bought the phone (640 XL) 2nd hand, and it came with Win10 already installed.
The phone just said the update was ready today, and I clicked 'restart phone'.

However, I see some people have said they have to install something called 'Upgrade Advisor', but I am not able to find this app. What is the difference of installing Win10 this way and the way I just did?

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I bought the phone (640 XL) 2nd hand, and it came with Win10 already installed.
The phone just said the update was ready today, and I clicked 'restart phone'.

However, I see some people have said they have to install something called 'Upgrade Advisor', but I am not able to find this app. What is the difference of installing Win10 this way and the way I just did?

no difference whatsoever.official release could only be installed using upgrade advisor, but as you mentioned you have bought this phone "second hand" preloaded with windows 10 i suspect that might be installed via windows insiders. if you find that app in your device currently open it and switch to production build ring that will keep you on track with official releases. :)

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...oft.com%2Fen-us%2F%3Fref%3Daka&token=druhMbfV

link to the app :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett