How to set the double tap to sleep for my 640xl?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

How to set the double tap to sleep for my 640xl

Hi,

My phone 640xl was upgraded to windows 10 OS (10586.164 build) 2 days back. Earlier OS was win8.1 GDR 2 build. The previous (win 8.1) OS had an option to set the phone to sleep mode just by tapping the task bar twice and double tap the screen to wake up the phone, without using any side keys.

But this windows 10 OS has the latter one only (wake up option), the other one is missing, is there any other setting available to set this sleep mode?. If not will windows add this feature later?

Generally upgrading to next OS should not remove the existing features but should add extra features. Also I notice that the Speech for phone accessibility is also not available, so I cannot hear the caller name. This was a very good and important feature in win 8.1, the win10 OS should need to add this immediately.

Hope win 10 mobile will overtake all this hurdles to make the OS the best over previous versions.

But as I believe, win 8.1 GDR 2 OS had all the great features over the new win10.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to set the double tap to sleep for my 640xl

On my 640 I found that option here:

Settings > Personalization > Lock Screen... At the bottom of that page is the toggle for Double -tap the navigation bar to turn off the screen.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos