Can the volume buttons be disabled when the screen is locked?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi Guys,
I've been using Lumia 640 XL for a while now and I just love it. I do have one issue though. When I put it in my pocket, sometimes the volume buttons get pressed, ether to full volume, ether to silent, which is really annoying. Is there a way to disable the volume keys while the screen is locked?

Regards,
George

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys,
I've been using Lumia 640 XL for a while now and I just love it. I do have one issue though. When I put it in my pocket, sometimes the volume buttons get pressed, ether to full volume, ether to silent, which is really annoying. Is there a way to disable the volume keys while the screen is locked?

Regards,
George

sorry there isn't any feasible way to do that.
in general these keys get deactivated once your device is locked. could you please mention your OS build ? :)

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
The volume button does not get deactivated on the L640XL or the 640. It would be nice to have an option to lock that. It happens to me as well when I mow my lawn and have it in my pocket the vol up or down gets pushed once in a while which is annoying. All you can do is try to put it into a case that would prevent this from happening.

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
This is a major problem with this phone. I have mine in a protective shell and it has rubbery buttons on the volume buttons and I have to be very careful when I pick it up that I don't press on the buttons or it will mess up the volume / vibration levels.

Microsoft needs to give us a way to lock the volume settings.

Anyone who cares about this should send in feedback demanding they give us a way to lock the buttons.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234