[L640XL] Windows 10 mobile Upgrade Ready for prime time?

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
For any who have taken the Upgrade......any draw backs found?

no major troubles in performance and decent battery life after a hard reset when finished upgrading, minor UI tweaks are still required and device specific fixes. ovrall quite fluid experience, no random reboots, no overheating :)

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Bite the bullet and do a hard reset after installing. My 920 is a whole new phone after the reset. Battery life, which sucked before, is great now.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Has the broken Internet share been fixed yet? If I can not share internet to my tablet it's not worth the time.....

Just need to know , as some minor bugs I can live with but mobile hotspot is a must !!!

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I have to say I am so very very let down !!!! I had to vote No.

The upgrade was a nightmare.....after upgrade my 640 XL was no longer able to be hard reset......holding the 2 button combo would just do an endless reboot loop it would not let me get to put the power cable in.....so I thought I would try to forge ahead....if anything had to be installed to the SD card transfer speed was now impared. To transfer files from PC to phone was like doing it via IR ( if any remember how slow that was back in the day).
Loading a game from SD.....not even possible 10 min to load candy crush saga.........now you may say the SD card is at fault......nope tested on PC to my built in card reader.......transfer speed as it should be, but to put anything to SD via sync cable from PC to Phone well slower then USB 1.

Even now as I am trying to roll back to 8.1 the software recover tool is having issue downloading.....almost an hour now to download (300 MB of 1.8 Gb ) my phones 8.1 software.....download is failing and failing.........

I am less impressed each dayfail.jpg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Back to 8.1 and I think I will stay put....what a massive pain to download a back up.....Microsoft needs to get things fixed before I try that again!!!

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Call me a fool but I got it Upgraded to 10 ( this time no issues with the SD device ).

Not sure if it makes any difference, however I hard reset in 8.1, only took the upgrade advisor app and went straight to 10. After it finished upgrade to 10, hard reset right away, then install everything fresh, did not restore from back up.

So far no issues at all.

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
The biggest problem for me is the clipboard, it doesnt work sometimes for a multitasking user.
i have figured some workaround with some success.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs