How can Outlook track my 640XL location even when location is turned OFF and no Sim?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why Outlook can track my 640XL location even when location is turned OFF and no Sim?

It's a serious problem, I don't want people know where I go, when I turn off the Location , I went to Outlook.com I can still track my phone (640XL)'s exact location without any sim in it, on Android if you turned off Location and delete Location history you're safe.

why would they let that happens its very unsecured anybody can track me down its fricking dangerous I need to know any answer for this!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why Outlook can track my 640XL location even when location is turned OFF and no Sim?

The purpose of that isn't so people find you. The purpose of it is so you can find your phone if you lose it. If it's somewhere in your house you can make it ring and go get it. If you left it in a public place or had it stolen, you can wipe it remotely so someone else will not be able to access your personal information.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why Outlook can track my 640XL location even when location is turned OFF and no Sim?

It's not for people to track you. It's for apps that may require your location to perform more efficiently and may need it for some features. And also in case you list your phone, helps you in finding it
I've always let the location enabled and I never had any problem. Also windows phone is more secure than Android so that should be a relief too.
But unless you work with the FBI then maybe you should consider disabling it. 😃

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss