Why does my Microsoft Lumia 640 XL keep killing my headphones?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

microsoft lumia 640 XL keeps killing headphones

I just wondered if anyone else had this problem/knew what the solution was: I have had 3 pairs of headphones (all different makes) go in the same way since having this phone (only had it about a month) first if you answer a call with them in there is no sound, even after taking the headphones out. then the sound goes in the right earphone, then eventually in the left. sometimes twisting it around in the jack will bring sound back to the left earphone if you hold it in the right place. Once the sound goes it one ear the headphones stop working on other devices. It's really annoying as one of the main reasons I got the phone was to watch tv & listen to music on the way to work.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: microsoft lumia 640 XL keeps killing headphones

I just wondered if anyone else had this problem/knew what the solution was: I have had 3 pairs of headphones (all different makes) go in the same way since having this phone (only had it about a month) first if you answer a call with them in there is no sound, even after taking the headphones out. then the sound goes in the right earphone, then eventually in the left. sometimes twisting it around in the jack will bring sound back to the left earphone if you hold it in the right place. Once the sound goes it one ear the headphones stop working on other devices. It's really annoying as one of the main reasons I got the phone was to watch tv & listen to music on the way to work.

Bring it back in warranty assistance, audio jack is hardware defective

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720