Why do I keep getting 801881d0 error?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why keep getting 801881d0 error

Hi, my 640xl 8.1 prompts that an update is available. but when i try to download update through wifi it give me " There was a temporary issue with a server (801881d0) and when i try to download with mobile data,it also does not download though i have allowed my data settings to download.. I have more than 2 gb space. What is the matter ? :(

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why keep getting 801881d0 error

the error is listed as temporary connection problem here. The solution posted is not a solution of course.
Error code 801881D0. According to Microsoft support section, the cause for this displayed error is the slow internet connection that your phone has. Make sure that you have reliable internet connection prior updating to ensure smooth update of your phone to Windows 8. Go back again to Settings> Phone update> Check for updates.
I suggest you do a soft reset.
I also suggest you remove your WiFi connection ("forget") and reconnect to it, reboot after this. Reboot your router/cable modem. If you still have problems I suggest you try a different WiFi connection at a friend's house or public WiFi.

If all of this fails it's time for a hard reset.

good luck

Alex Castro2

May 4, 2016
Visit site

Hi, my 640xl 8.1 prompts that an update is available. but when i try to download update through wifi it give me " There was a temporary issue with a server (801881d0) and when i try to download with mobile data,it also does not download though i have allowed my data settings to download.. I have more than 2 gb space. What is the matter ? :(
Hi! I had the same problem!!!! Did you find the way to fix it? Every bonehead say the same thing, copy and paste the link of Microsoft that doesnt help anyone.

I had a Lumia 640 LTE, i'm since 29/04 trying to upgrade my Windows 8.1 update 2 to Windows 10 mobile, of course i reset the modem like thousands times, try another wifi, 3 different networks actually, one with 10 mb speed, always touch the 94% or 54% and show that message, but actually th internet connection is just fine, I've tried soft reset 20 times and hard reset 8 times, erase the wifi conf and set up again, with bluethoot on off, nfc on nfc off, different languages, with all options on and off, I just don't know what else to do. Any HELP plz.

Someone that actually knows about the system, not boneheads that copy and paste links about nothing.
The ms servers are ok? There are actually problems about that? Any help plz let know.

tankstep

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site

Hi! I had the same problem!!!! Did you find the way to fix it? Every bonehead say the same thing, copy and paste the link of Microsoft that doesnt help anyone.

I had a Lumia 640 LTE, i'm since 29/04 trying to upgrade my Windows 8.1 update 2 to Windows 10 mobile, of course i reset the modem like thousands times, try another wifi, 3 different networks actually, one with 10 mb speed, always touch the 94% or 54% and show that message, but actually th internet connection is just fine, I've tried soft reset 20 times and hard reset 8 times, erase the wifi conf and set up again, with bluethoot on off, nfc on nfc off, different languages, with all options on and off, I just don't know what else to do. Any HELP plz.

Someone that actually knows about the system, not boneheads that copy and paste links about nothing.
The ms servers are ok? There are actually problems about that? Any help plz let know.

Mate tell me about it. im in the same situation. Very frustrating.

Alex Castro2

May 4, 2016
Visit site

Mate tell me about it. im in the same situation. Very frustrating.
Hi Tankstep!, I have good news, since 05/05/16 could upgrade my mobile phone to Windows 10, simply could download and install the update. Apparently there was a problem in the Microsoft servers, I was told there was perhaps because they released a new update to the fast rings of Windows Insiders program.
Wait a couple of days and try to update your phone again, but I guess it should already be solved.

A hug, buddy! Good luck!

tankstep

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site

Hi Tankstep!, I have good news, since 05/05/16 could upgrade my mobile phone to Windows 10, simply could download and install the update. Apparently there was a problem in the Microsoft servers, I was told there was perhaps because they released a new update to the fast rings of Windows Insiders program.
Wait a couple of days and try to update your phone again, but I guess it should already be solved.

A hug, buddy! Good luck!

Still getting the same error message :( Will just keep trying every day. Is W10 worth the wait do you like it?

ArpadB

May 9, 2016
Visit site

Still getting the same error message :( Will just keep trying every day. Is W10 worth the wait do you like it?

Same here, although i just went for the update today. Is waiting an official solution for the 801881d0 error code?
Or maybe it's regional issue on update server(s)?
Also, have more than decent connection (50/10). Wifi works just fine. So it must be server issues.

ryszard musielak

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site

Hello,
we have 900 phones to update for our company. Yesteray updates went well, this morning from 7:30 nothing, keep geeting this error. There is nothing wrong with the WI-FI connection, we setup another one in case there was a problem. IE you can search, Updata Advisor downloaded, the phones on 8.1 are being updated and message keep coming up with "you have a new version". Any response from MS?

Give us a solution, 4 of us keep trying, doing so for the past 4 hours!!!

Gone through some of the steps here:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb...f-i-cannot-download-or-update-apps-from-store
Not much help really.

Really dissapointing.

Ryszard

LowAmmo

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

I am also getting this on a 640XL for the last 3 weeks. Anyone have any updates or tips or tricks? I am ALWAYS getting stuck at 48% download, which makes it seem like it has nothing to do with my internet connection (have tried multiple wifi networks, all with great connection).

Willing to do a factory reset, but sounds like that may or may not help - and with all apps my ad card, sounds like I would need to reformat that, too... Etc...

I just want to update to Windows 10!!! :(

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

I have the exact same problem with my wife's SmartPhone. Most of the time download stops at 8%, sometimes it stops at exactly 48%. There are no other download rates when download stops. Is this a coincidence? I don't think so!!!

I cannot believe that this is caused by a poor internet connection! I upgraded my Lumia 1520 from Windows Phone 8.1 to Windows Phone 10 many weeks ago without any problem via the same (!) WIFI-Network. Now - upgrading my wife's Phone from WP8.1 to WP10 does not work :cry:

To me it is very strange, that download stops always at 8% or at 48%! I guess that there is a problem at the Microsoft-Side!!! So - please help!

Best Regards

Wolfgang

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss