Cellular data problem

SocratesG4

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi
I have a big issue with the cellular data at my phone.Lumia 640 XL dual sim w10 fast ring Redstone.
If I will try to open the cellular Dara from the action center the phone bricks.And the only way to activate it is to remove the battery.I check the cellular settings and from the settings and the page is blank.
Can someone help me???

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
don't know which region you are in. Have you tried to enter your APN manually?
It could well be a problem with the latest redstone and your particular configuration that leads to freezing (note that bricking a phone would mean it doesn't start anymore). Have you tried a hard reset without restoring from a backup?
If those steps don't help I suggest you go back to W10 Preview build .218

cheers

SocratesG4

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by Derausgewanderte
don't know which region you are in. Have you tried to enter your APN manually?
It could well be a problem with the latest redstone and your particular configuration that leads to freezing (note that bricking a phone would mean it doesn't start anymore). Have you tried a hard reset without restoring from a backup?
If those steps don't help I suggest you go back to W10 Preview build .218

cheers
In my region I had to configure manually the APN but I did it again.
The problem isn't the APN configuration but if I restart my phone or it reboots after lagging and the try to open or close the cellular data the phone freezing.I can't do anything. Even after the 30 secs when the glance screen appear I can't do anything. The only solution is to remove the battery. After the <<soft reset>>if I will try to open the cellular data again the sane problem appears.After 7-8 times the phone start to work fine but if I restart it again the sane problem...
Sorry for my English,not my native language.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
what I said above. hard reset. if it still is a problem roll back to 8.1 and go to W10M preview build .218
Do this without restore from backup.
If you still have the same problem go back to 8.1 and try it (or try it while you roll back above before you upgrade to W10M preview build .218)

If you still have the same problem then it's your hardware.
good luck

skynet1511

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar issue on each Redstone build, even on the latest 14364.
But there are some interesting points:
- when i use my italian SIM the phone (Lumia 925) works perfectly, no freeze when turning on/off SIM data.
- putting in my german SIM, i always have this issue, so it is something related to the carrier, maybe some wrong data exchanged between the phone and the network. I cannot understand why my italian SIM works perfectly.
- immediately after a reboot/reset, when i turn on Aero Mode just before the phone connect to the carrier, and then off, i have no more issue with SIM data (even with the german SIM), until i restart the phone.
- never had a problem with TH2, so it might be a bug in Redstone - i know there are still bugs with dual SIM phones, so the SIM data might be related to this, and happens only with some mono-SIM devices...

I will post some news if i find something new out.

piotr pierz

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
I had a similar issue on each Redstone build, even on the latest 14364.
But there are some interesting points:
- when i use my italian SIM the phone (Lumia 925) works perfectly, no freeze when turning on/off SIM data.
- putting in my german SIM, i always have this issue, so it is something related to the carrier, maybe some wrong data exchanged between the phone and the network. I cannot understand why my italian SIM works perfectly.
- immediately after a reboot/reset, when i turn on Aero Mode just before the phone connect to the carrier, and then off, i have no more issue with SIM data (even with the german SIM), until i restart the phone.
- never had a problem with TH2, so it might be a bug in Redstone - i know there are still bugs with dual SIM phones, so the SIM data might be related to this, and happens only with some mono-SIM devices...

I will post some news if i find something new out.

i've checked a red one solution only once but it's working, man-probably you're a genius :wink:

skynet1511

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
i've checked a red one solution only once but it's working, man-probably you're a genius :wink:

Rolling back to the stable TH2, where everything is pretty fine.
I cannot restart the phone every time it gets frozen with the sim data.
I hope this bug will be fixed in the final build, it would be a pity if some of us would not be able to use Redstone because of this stupid issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise