After upgrading to W10, hotmail not working even no contact found?

Subrata Jana

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
after upgrading to w10, hotmail not working even no contact found

Yesterday i have updated my 640 xl to windows 10 and guess what, after that i am not able to add my hotmail account on the phone.
When i go to settings -> Account and click add Microsoft account, it accepts the credentials and after validating gives message that account has been added successfully. That's it, noting happens after this. Its not really syncing my hotmail with phone. No mails and no contacts are synced.
Thus I am not able to see any contacts in People app. I tried adding the account from people app also, but there also result is same.

For Google and Facebook, its working perfectly fine, mails and contacts are synced correctly.

Any suggestions how to fix this problem?

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: after upgrading to w10, hotmail not working even no contact found

if a soft reset doesn't work then it's time to do a hard reset. if you still run into the same issue do a hard reset and do not restore a backup.
good luck

edit: there is a tiny chance this may help before you do a hard reset: remove the SIM card and reboot the phone without it. Then turn it off and insert SIM card again and boot.

Roberto Luis B

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site

Yesterday i have updated my 640 xl to windows 10 and guess what, after that i am not able to add my hotmail account on the phone.
When i go to settings -> Account and click add Microsoft account, it accepts the credentials and after validating gives message that account has been added successfully. That's it, noting happens after this. Its not really syncing my hotmail with phone. No mails and no contacts are synced.
Thus I am not able to see any contacts in People app. I tried adding the account from people app also, but there also result is same.

For Google and Facebook, its working perfectly fine, mails and contacts are synced correctly.

Any suggestions how to fix this problem?

Subrata Jana

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

People hub not showing contacts but when i received a call from a person whose number already was saved in hotmail, showing me caller name.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6