Lockscreen notifications on W10?

cb640

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
Lockscreen notifcations on W10

Hi

After waiting patiently for the official w10 upgrade and staying clear of insider builds, I came across the upgrade advisor app. After using the app I was told I was eligible for an (official?) update to win 10, Whooppee! I don't know what I was really expecting, but a new version has to better, right?

So went through the steps and now running build no 10586.218. I have absolutely no idea if this is a good or bad build, but it's the one that I got. I'm sure that here will be some of you who will be able to tell me all the pros/cons of this build, but unfortunately it will be lost on me.

So here is the issue, I can't get the email/whatsapp/etc notifications to show up on the lockscreen. I believe I have ticked all the right boxes and that in theory it should work, but it's not.

I've searched and no-one else seems to be having this issue. I've seen comments regarding a soft and hard reset to fix other issues.

I did the soft reset - no difference. I'm a little unsure/reluctant to do the hard reset as I understand this will in effect wipe the phone and I have to start again. Not something I have had to do before. Also I can't see a restore backup option in the settings (unless I'm missing something)

I've also looked into reverting it back to 8.1 (and the fantastic tetra lock-screen) but this also seems to have it's complications/issues. And a little drastic just to get lock-screen notifications working.

Many thanks in advance for any comments or advice

Chris

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Lockscreen notifcations on W10

you will only see the restore backup when you do a hard reset and log into your MS account. You could do a backup now (go to more options and tap back up now). When you do a hard reset you have a recent backup on W10M you can restore.
Give the phone a couple days to settle on W10M. Sometimes notifications only started working after a day or two for me.

I typically do a hard reset when upgrading an OS. This would be my personal advise.

cheers

cb640

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
Re: Lockscreen notifcations on W10

Hi

I thought that might be the case. It's my only phone, which is why I didn't register with the insider releases, so I just want to be careful that I don't screw it up.

I believe a hard reset will take about an hour (is that correct?) so I'll probably leave it until the weekend when I have a little more time available.

Thanks for you help,

Chris

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12