I want my phone to only use WiFi automatically, never hotspots (unless I say ok). It's a Lumia 640XL. I'm finding if my WiFi fails then it's using mobile data that I don't want to use! I don't have a mobile data package so it's costing me extra.

Nice, simple instructions please as I'm no phone whizz 😉 I hope there's a solution. Thank you.
    05-01-2016 04:51 AM
    In Windows 10 Mobile...

Settings > Network & Wireless > Cellular & SIM > toggle Data Connection to Off

In Windows Phone 8.1...

Settings > Cellular & SIM...

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    05-01-2016 10:38 PM
    I have cellular data turned off and disabled using cell when wifi is not available, but data keeps working...

I have prepaid data, so I get a notice every time data gets used. I disabled all mobile data options I can find, I have all accounts set to manual updates, and I have all reporting/tracking options turned off, but data keeps getting used. I can open Edge and it will load websites without asking to enable data! What do I have to do for the phone to work properly?
    05-02-2016 06:03 PM
    Ask your Telco for the uss code to disable data. This will shut off data completely.
    05-02-2016 06:06 PM
    I asked this yesterday but only received a response saying how to permanently disable data via contacting the carrier.

I have cellular data turned off and I disabled using cell when wifi is not available, but data keeps working...

I have prepaid data, so I get a notice every time data gets used. I disabled all mobile data options I can find, I have all accounts set to manual updates, and I have all reporting/tracking options turned off, but data keeps getting used. I can open Edge and it will load websites without asking to enable data!

What do I have to do for the phone to work properly? I want to be able to shut off cellular data due to all of the WP background data theft, but enable it when I need to access something intentionally. WP software doesn't seem to work in this regard.
    05-03-2016 11:10 AM
    I'll put a few screenshots here in a lil bit for ya
    05-03-2016 11:56 AM
    I asked this yesterday
    Threads Merged.

User... Do not create multiple threads on your issue. It actually works against you as any advice gets scattered around and a coherent conversation cannot develop as easily...

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread... Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    kaktus1389 likes this.
    05-03-2016 12:04 PM
    05-03-2016 12:42 PM