New firmware please.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 640 XL running wp10 and I still have denim on my phone. I have had it on my Lumia 520 about two years ago and I know that denim hasn't even reached all regions yet. No point on the bells and whistles of wp10 and still on old firmware. I think it's time for a new firmware. I have read somewhere a year ago about Emerald being the next firmware but the trail went cold.

?ire

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
They don't do that fancy Lumia X-something firmware branding anymore. All its going to say now is "Lumia Windows 10."

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
They don't do that fancy Lumia X-something firmware branding anymore. All its going to say now is "Lumia Windows 10."

It's a real shame as I feel my phones firmware is not being updated like it's not getting the full attention needed. It does say windows phone 10 on extras and info but I know it still has Denim as I don't see much of an improvement in the overall hardware of the phone.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
i have found that when my phone is on wp 8.1 the sound from my speaker is much louder when playing music then when its on wp10. also the camera is much better on wp8.1 also. i had 8.1 installed on my phone and when i went to insider i noticed huge differences.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
i have found that when my phone is on wp 8.1 the sound from my speaker is much louder when playing music then when its on wp10. also the camera is much better on wp8.1 also. i had 8.1 installed on my phone and when i went to insider i noticed huge differences.

cannot comment on sound. I did not notice any downgrades, but I can't check whether that's the case. I typically listen to music over headphones. As for camera I compared pictures with and without DNG enabled in registry both from W10M and 8.1 and I do not see any differences in camera performance. I assume you've tried a hard reset already.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
cannot comment on sound. I did not notice any downgrades, but I can't check whether that's the case. I typically listen to music over headphones. As for camera I compared pictures with and without DNG enabled in registry both from W10M and 8.1 and I do not see any differences in camera performance. I assume you've tried a hard reset already.

Yes and without any change plus the sounf from my headphones was alot more punchy and loud on 8.1 now the bass is more muted and the sound is not as loud. All my music is 320kbps encoded and even with equalizer and virtual surround its still nowhere near as good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea