Touch responsivness

5michaelscott5

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
So I noticed it a lot since Windows 10, that my 640 XL is really bad in response, sometimes I have to touch the back button multiple times to register it, and it is the same with everything else, or wait at least 3-4 seconds to respond to the touch. Interesting thing is, with 8.1 this isnt a problem. I always clean flash, not restoring apps, I'm on the latest official 10586.318.
Mostly it only happens with the nav buttons, but I Can notice it through all apps and the system.
Anybody know why is it happening?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
It has been reported in other posts/threads here that the 640XL display is not as responsive as other phones. This may be worsened by a screen protector. Maybe I started to live with this, but it is annoying once in a while that my touch is not recognized and I have to touch twice or three times. I am not experiencing 3-4 sec delays though. That said, I did have similar problems on WP8.1 and have not noticed a big difference between WP8.1 and W10M. I have not played with the display setting (size of text, apps, and items) to see if that improves the behavior, maybe worth a try.

5michaelscott5

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I never experienced it on 8.1, I thought it has to do something with W10, I rolled back yesterday to 8.1 and the problem is gone. I don't have a screen protector.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I just checked my wife's 640XL who has the display scaling set to 200% rather than the recommended 175%. Her display "feels" more responsive. Maybe they still have to work out the display driver with the different scaling and phone hardware or the 640XL needs a firmware update addressing this. I just switched from 150% to the recommended setting of 175% and did notice a slight improvement.

5michaelscott5

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I noticed these on the recommended display settings, so I don't know, but I will stay on 8.1 since I didnt have those issues there. Shame, cause I very much like W10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12