How do I connect my Windows 640 XL, which is upgraded to Windows 10, to a pen drive?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

how i connect my window 640 XL which is upgraded to window 10 to pen drive.

how I connect my window 640 XL which is upgraded to window 10.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: how i connect my window 640 XL which is upgraded to window 10 to pen drive.

Can't do it. Microsoft has not enabled it for most phones. The only capable Lumia's are the 950 and 950 XL.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: how i connect my window 640 XL which is upgraded to window 10 to pen drive.

Here is a help page from Microsoft. New in Windows 10: USB Dual Role on Mobile - Microsoft Windows USB Core Team Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

Please note, this feature will only be available on new Windows 10 devices that support USB Dual Role. This is because of the hardware changes required for the USB port to support device enumeration. While there are devices in the market today that have USB Dual Role capable controllers, the platforms were not designed to support USB Dual Role. New hardware may advertise that they are Dual Role capable.

I take this to mean that while existing Lumias of model name equal or less than x40 may have a capable SoC, it was not enabled physically on the motherboard since Windows Phone 8.1 and below were never going to support OTG in the software.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
This is one of the things that really chew at me about Microsoft with their hardware. So much unused potential in their devices !!!

Even if you point it out to them, it falls on deaf ears.....then add the lack of community support to drive Microsoft to do anything about it ( User Voice/Feedback ). Which I have to say color me surprised someone managed to get an on line petition to gather 50k signups.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6