Why can?t I install anti-virus AVG on my new Lumia640XL?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

When I touch to download, I get a message does not recognise, and check spelling.
If this is not possible which anti-virus is approved and recommended by windows?
Avira and Avast no longer do cell anti-virus?( I have changed to Microsoft as my android got taken by malware recently,believe by Shendun/Hummingbird, even though I never used internet or email, to protect it from viruses and malware- so the malware was hidden in an update, I was informed. Checked forums, and Google Play believed to by origin of malware for Android.) Thanks, Richie

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10 like 8.1 on a phone is a very secure system, so far no need for any anti-virus software.

As far as I am aware the way WP is set up even if you got some malware it would only be an issue for the one program as each app is "Sandboxed" and runs in it's own space.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
When I touch to download, I get a message does not recognise, and check spelling.
If this is not possible which anti-virus is approved and recommended by windows?
Avira and Avast no longer do cell anti-virus?( I have changed to Microsoft as my android got taken by malware recently,believe by Shendun/Hummingbird, even though I never used internet or email, to protect it from viruses and malware- so the malware was hidden in an update, I was informed. Checked forums, and Google Play believed to by origin of malware for Android.) Thanks, Richie

no need for antivirus for windows mobile - that's the simple truth

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I've been wondering about this. Recently my Outlook Email and Calendar apps quit working. They run for a few seconds and close by themselves.
And then my Alarm app quit functioning too.

I've done soft and hard resets and ran the Windows Device Recovery Tool and it CRASHED and gave me the old song and dance about how it would contact Microsoft and let me know if there was a workaround or something. Since Windows 3.0 I have NEVER seen it come up with a solution. Never.

I'm about ready to leave Windows Phone and go Android because of problems with my Lumia 640 XL and app.

Go on Microsoft Forums and they tell you the usuals from page 1 line 6 a but nothing works and when you go back and tell them it didn't work ---- YOU DON'T HEAR ANYMORE FROM THEM.

rromerof

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Although Windows Mobile does not require Antivirus, it is very strange that for sometime as receiving annoying Ads/Ads redirects, only on my Windows Mobile device, I suppose that some poor implementation of JavaScript on Edge, but that was time ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon