Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary update?

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I followed your huge post on buying the 640 Xl.
Glad to see your still have it.
I bought mine way before you, but as I was on windows 10 insiders fast ring and it was Hell for awhile, I almost feck me and the phone out of the window, Windows be dammed.
As I was saying the 640 XL was "WTF did I buy a huge phone for" I am losing it, I need bigger pockets"
But, there is always a but.
I awoke one day and was reading the News, it was so crisp an clear on the 5.7 inch 1080p screen, I thought, this I am comfortable with and the bigger size phone makes no difference to me.
Using Windows 10 on the 640 XL is a joy, Nice 13 MP main camera and a 5mp front for Skype or checking you TV remote :devil:
Windows 10 is so easy to use, swipe up/down left or right, simple easy and fast. super fast!
When I show pictures or Videos from my phone, every body and I do mean every person will say.
is this the new iPhone.
Questions of what cloud do I use, WTF, I have a 128 class 10 micro sd.
The 640 XL is the un-sung hero of the 2015 windows smart phone.
I want a Surface Phone.
Enjoy
Proud owner of a Lumia 640 XL.

I have had (among others) the iphone 4, 1020, 930, 950XL, iphone 6 Plus and now 640XL.

The 640XL is the best device of all. I was surprised especially by how much better it is than heavily spec'd 950XL, which overheated, crashed, resumed, had a 5 hour battery, an unstable camera that froze up, and a miserably creaky case - 640XL is the real flagship.

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
My 640 XL is a good phone --- but my next phone will be Android.

Microsoft refuses to give us tap to pay. They put out a Wallet app that is totally useless. You can only put your store reward cards in it. It doesn't use your bank information for tap to pay. Whoever ordered / approved this app should have it shoved up their ***. Totally useless.

If Samsung and Apple can do Tap To Pay --- why can't Microsoft and why does Microsoft refuse to implement Tap To Pay?

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
My 640 XL is a good phone --- but my next phone will be Android.

Microsoft refuses to give us tap to pay. They put out a Wallet app that is totally useless. You can only put your store reward cards in it. It doesn't use your bank information for tap to pay. Whoever ordered / approved this app should have it shoved up their ***. Totally useless.

If Samsung and Apple can do Tap To Pay --- why can't Microsoft and why does Microsoft refuse to implement Tap To Pay?

Yep not enabling tap to pay for 640XL and others is ridiculous. Tweet this to @donasarkar

Cim04

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
OK under Settings/System/About.
OS build 10.0.14393.67
Version 1607

I got the same build here in the Philippines, carrier locked.

I did not join Insider program though.

So far I see FB is is some sort of blinking and the message preview bug on FB Messenger came back.

Last edited:

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Liking the features on Windows 10 mobile and the anniversary update so far.
There are some crashes after every few days and sometimes the phone restarts without warning.
But its good i guess. 🤔

Cim04

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Liking the features on Windows 10 mobile and the anniversary update so far.
There are some crashes after every few days and sometimes the phone restarts without warning.
But its good i guess. 🤔

My phone does not restart. But apps such as FB flickers once in awhile and I have to launch Age of Empires twice.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Ok i fixed it I just selected "Show Notifications on LockScreen" and to keep the notifications private but ding dings to alert you just deselect banners. You get the ding ding but no one sees your message or WhatsApp.

Kevin Houle

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by djeire84
Ok i fixed it I just selected "Show Notifications on LockScreen" and to keep the notifications private but ding dings to alert you just deselect banners. You get the ding ding but no one sees your message or WhatsApp.

Problem with that is that of you disable banners on sms, then Cortana Will no longer speak out your messages when connected to Bluetooth. Wish there was a way around it.

Otherwise this is a very decent phone. It's really too bad that Microsoft is ending the Lumia Line of phones. :(

hack14u

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
It is a beast of a phone. Runs smooth, doesn't get hot, battery lasts forever for a screen this size. Only noticed that sometimes it kicks me back out of apps to the home screen and that only happens occasionally, and I am sure it has nothing to do with the device. Overall, not bad at all. W10 with AU running real good.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
950XL Anniversary update or following update did not install properly and consequently many features like notification sounds...etc. that in previous update were fixed again were damaged or began malfunction. After few days basically no sound was heard from any app and many apps also were malfunctioning or crashing as soon as started. There was no option other than a hard restart that wasted my couple of days to customize 950XL back to normal. No wonder why MS fired 2000 ***** programmers working on its phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss