Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary update?

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone with a 640 XL gotten this update?

It supposedly was released yesterday but I can't get it yet.

Will the 640 XL be the last to get it again?

Grimwar

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
I download and installed the AU yesterday, on an unlocked 640xl.
The download was fast enough and the install was also ok. Then all my app's updated.
I haven't had time to check out the new features yet, as I'm really busy at work :cry:

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Well I'm glad to hear people are getting it.

I tried yesterday and twice today but nothing.

I got mine from AT&T.

What version shows up when you look after the update?

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
It just says it is up to date at ( and gives the time ).

It's aggravating to know a new update is out and day after day goes by and it doesn't show up on my phone.
My desktop got it but my phone won't ... at least not yet.
But it seems that the 640 XL is the < always > the last to get any updates. But some people seem to have gotten it.
I know there are a lot of phones to be updated but, since it's Windows, I wonder how many phones really are out there.

cndspec

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I would say that it has nothing really to do with your phone being a 640xl and everything to do with it being an ATT variant. It was states that the update would be going out to unlocked devices first and then carrier locked in a couple of weeks.

phuqit

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Search windows insider in the windows store. Download the app. Select Release ring.. It's easy as that. If you wait for AT&T, it may take several more months. There are 3 options when you install windows insider. Fast, Slow, & Release Ring. Release Ring is the most stable release. As of today it is build 14393.82 I believe that is the latest stable update of WAU

aniskhan001

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
My Lumia 930 haven't got the update yet. After doing some research I learned that my device is carrier locked to Optus. Maybe that's the reason I am not getting the AU. Now, I am desperately seeking the way of unlocking my device. Please, if anyone knows how to do it, then let me know. Thanks!

OTCHRussell

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Not sure that would be an AT&T problem. My Lumia 950 updated yesterday. It is an unlocked AT&T phone. Not factory unlocked. To be honest, I was surprised to see it!!

ak_r7

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I think i got mine 2 days back. Current build i have is 10.0.14393.67
Things working fine, NO reboots, heat-up, battery drain observed.
Did a hard reset post update and restored from old backup. Even got my old text msgs back. :)

Grimwar

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Got the update via the Insider.

Great :smile: Expect a lot of Store app updates.
I was on the insiders fast ring till the AU update, I then decided to take a break and enjoy the AU for a few weeks.
Damm the Version 1607 is up-dating apps every few hours, a lot of the new UWP apps are starting to up-date in the Store.
And I wanted a quite week or so. :confused:

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone with a 640 XL gotten this update?

It supposedly was released yesterday but I can't get it yet.

Will the 640 XL be the last to get it again?

Had mine a few days now on my 640 XL it's brilliant. Maybe its the operator. They aren't pushing it to your device yet. It's supposed to be non carrier reliant but in your case it looks the case.

Grimwar

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I followed your huge post on buying the 640 Xl.
Glad to see your still have it.
I bought mine way before you, but as I was on windows 10 insiders fast ring and it was Hell for awhile, I almost feck me and the phone out of the window, Windows be dammed.
As I was saying the 640 XL was "WTF did I buy a huge phone for" I am losing it, I need bigger pockets"
But, there is always a but.
I awoke one day and was reading the News, it was so crisp an clear on the 5.7 inch 1080p screen, I thought, this I am comfortable with and the bigger size phone makes no difference to me.
Using Windows 10 on the 640 XL is a joy, Nice 13 MP main camera and a 5mp front for Skype or checking you TV remote :devil:
Windows 10 is so easy to use, swipe up/down left or right, simple easy and fast. super fast!
When I show pictures or Videos from my phone, every body and I do mean every person will say.
is this the new iPhone.
Questions of what cloud do I use, WTF, I have a 128 class 10 micro sd.
The 640 XL is the un-sung hero of the 2015 windows smart phone.
I want a Surface Phone.
Enjoy
Proud owner of a Lumia 640 XL.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo