How to connect to Reliance 4g jio sim in Windows 10 phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

As i am the user of Lumia 640 XL Lte and i am unable to find any jio app in windows store. So guys if you are using Reliance jio 4g sim in windows phone, so please guide me.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
As i am the user of Lumia 640 XL Lte and i am unable to find any jio app in windows store. So guys if you are using Reliance jio 4g sim in windows phone, so please guide me.

There is no Jio app on windows store yet.
? TIP- If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Wait for Jio to launch officially. After that, you should be able to walk into any Jio store and get a new SIM. It is unfortunate that there is no Jio app for the Windows platform, but there's not much you can do about it.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Wait for Jio to launch officially. After that, you should be able to walk into any Jio store and get a new SIM. It is unfortunate that there is no Jio app for the Windows platform, but there's not much you can do about it.

you seem to know much more than us ambassadors who are not in India - can you kindly explain in brief what this is all about?

Thank you

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
you seem to know much more than us ambassadors who are not in India - can you kindly explain in brief what this is all about?

Thank you

Well, I am in India, so that should explain why I know what I know.

Jio is a new carrier that is 4G-only and will be launching in the country on September 5, 2016. They're supposed to be a disruption to the telecom sector, offering free voice calls (forever - whatever that means) and very cheap data packs. Users will need a new Jio SIM, which people can register for using an Android app. Since Windows does not have that app, my suggestion was to simply wait until it is officially launched. Even those registering on the app will have to go to a Jio store anyway.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Well, I am in India, so that should explain why I know what I know.

Jio is a new carrier that is 4G-only and will be launching in the country on September 5, 2016. They're supposed to be a disruption to the telecom sector, offering free voice calls (forever - whatever that means) and very cheap data packs. Users will need a new Jio SIM, which people can register for using an Android app. Since Windows does not have that app, my suggestion was to simply wait until it is officially launched. Even those registering on the app will have to go to a Jio store anyway.

so you can't get the SIM if you don't have the app? And to get the app you need a smartphone - which means you already have to have a SIM installed in it which isn't Jio. Weird situation :grincry:

So people can't just buy the SIM when it launches? From a store just like any other SIM card?

shahidkazi

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
A Few things to note:
1. The offer is currently only for Android phones till they do a proper over the counter commercial launch
2. It will work on 4G handsets only, there is no 2G or 3G spectrum in JIO (so if you dont have a 4G phone, you cant use JIO)
3. Install the JIO app on a secondary android mobile (4G only, the app wont work on 3G phones) or install it on BlueStacks and use IMEI changer to spoof your phone as a 4G device.
4. Generate the barcode from there, carry the screenshot and the documents + photo and get your sim.
5. You will need a 4G android device howveer to activate your sim.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
i am really hurt by this, my lumia only supports 3g but on android devices with only 3g can use jio internet by using MTKsettings app from store. -_- tried to find the same on windows store , but no such app . :(

now i really feel bad about my lumia and the app gap.

Easwaran N

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
I went to a reliance store today and talked to the store executive. I told him that I have a Windows Phone (BLU Win HD LTE) and asked how I can use the Jio Sim with my phone. He told me that for applying and activating the sim, you need an android phone (4g) with My Jio app. After activation, the sim will work on any 4g phone irrespective of the OS or manufacturer.
Note:
Sim cards in LYF branded phones are locked to the device. So those cannot be swapped to another phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb