Success Replacing Lumia 640 XL full LCD assembly?

Viracocha

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
After searching a bit and reading others experiences, I replaced my LCD and cracked glass with this full LCD assembly:
LCD Screen Assembly with Touch Screen for Nokia Microsoft Lumia 640XL w Frame | eBay

l640xl.PNG

What actually arrived was a bit different than what was pictured, but I couldn't install it right away, so I didn't know it until it was too late to return (the part circled in red was actually a smaller diamond shape and did not match the square shape of my old and what was in the photo). Anyways, I installed it and crossed my fingers. It woke up fine and most things seem to work (e.g. all letters when typing), except glance didn't work and there was other clunkiness (accuracy and other annoyances). But, now, main functionality has degraded over the last few weeks, parts of the screen stopped registering to touch and I can't actually press certain letters on the keyboard (it's quite comical, I try to get words suggested with letters I'm trying to type, then delete the other letters).

I know I'm probably SOL, but thought I would check to see if anybody here has had any luck replacing their Lumia 640 XL LCD assembly? I've had success just replacing the glass and digitizers for Lumias 920 and 822 for other people. But, it doesn't seem like there are even parts for the 640 XL.

Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven