Alarm clock app

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I have frequently complained about the Alarm clock app from Microsoft.

Yesterday I learned something.

I normally shut the alarm off immediately and most of the time I'm already awake or half-awake when it goes off.

Yesterday I didn't shut it off and it kept getting louder and louder and louder and then the vibrate kicked in too!!!

I was stunned. After all my ******** about the volume to discover it gradually gets louder.

Not a bad idea but I would like to be able to set the volume for it to play at for myself.
It would be nice if we had a choice between the alarm going off at the volume we set or fading in like it does now.

But, until such time as the Gods of Microsoft grant such wishes, I will just set it one minute early to let it get the faint alarm out of it's system and gather some steam.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
LOLOLOL poor MS had to put up with all of that for nothing :p

Nonetheless I think the fade is a good idea. It's not good to have sth start blaring next to you and jolt you awake.

Gradually increasing the volume gives your body the chance to wake up naturally. Most smart alarms have this as well

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I had never heard of that before.

In some ways I like it, other ways ... not sure.

I usually am awake / half-awake before it goes off anyway. Probably my subconcious worrying about it.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I usually am awake / half-awake before it goes off anyway. Probably my subconcious worrying about it.

Yes at some point your body just gets used to it lol

Try setting the alarm 10 minutes earlier than usual? this way you don't have to worry about it reaching peak level (noise) when you actually want to wake up

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Actually just a minute ahead 6:29 instead of 6:30 does ok. It gets plenty loud enough although it does gain more volume if I leave it run, but that's good enough.

It would be nice, though, if they would give us options and let us bypass the < gradual > " feature " or set a given percentage to start at.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss