Decisions decisions: Lumia 640 xl or Motorola Motor G Turbo Edition?

JamesM90

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
These handsets are within my price range. I like the Lumia better(not a big android fan). I have some concerns about Lumia that makes me doubt whether it's the right phone for me or not. For example, is the 1 GB of ram and 8 GB of internal storage enough for future Windows Mobile updates and application updates? Or Will there be any future updates?(Witnessed Microsoft abandoning ship with the WP7).
On the other hand, the Moto G has 2 GB of ram, but it runs on Android which requires more ram than Windows Mobile. So, 1 GB vs 2 GB seems not to make a big difference.Or am I wrong?
I've tried both Android and iOS, and didn't really like either of them. It's like everyone says, iOS is more user friendly, but Android is more customizable (The customizations I've seen people do on their phones really weren't that special.)
Both these phones are around $200 where I live(to be exact, Motorola is about $50 more expensive). So, what do you guys suggest? should i give Windows Mobile a try?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I can't say about that specific Moto model but go Android. GSMArena has a nice buying guide for various price points.

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Any Android device that can run Nougat 7.1 and Pixel (Nexus) launcher, one of the best mobile OS experience I ever had.

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Considering how much better and more secure Windows 10 is, I think the answer is clear.

I also work with fixing phones and despite the fact about 50% of the phones sold in Sweden is an Android phone... 9 out of 10 that we get in for reset/"bugfixing" is an Android-phone all the way from Kitkat to Nougat... So there are still sever reliability problems with them.

JamesM90

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the suggestions!
Went with the Lumia!
And so far, I'm not regretting my decision. The only thing that is buggin me a little, is that Google chrome isn't available!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05