Call blocking on AT&T

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Yesterday I was getting calls soliciting money for police.

Never give money to people who call you because you have no idea who they really are.

Anyway, after the first call of the day, I touched the phone number on the display of the AT &T phone app and held it and a menu popped up with several choice one of which was BLOCK NUMBER!!

I have seen articles about various call blocking services etc. etc but my local phone company doesn't allow you to use them so I surprised when AT&T call blocking actually worked. Later in the day they called twice more and the phone just rang once and they were blocked. 😁

I have our landline forwarded to my cell phone so I don't have to run for the phone when it rings. And now I have effectively applied call blocking to two phone numbers. Even for calls I want it rings once on the landline and then is forwarded to my cell so it appears that the call blocking takes effect instantly when the call hits it.

This is a feature of AT&T that would make it worthwhile to be on AT&T instead of some other phone system. As far as I know no other service like Verison or Sprint has this but they might. I'm wondering if the other cell phone companies have call blocking?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
The menu you are talking about is a Windows Phone feature. It shouldn't matter what cellular provider you are on. iOS and Android have similar things these days too.

But yes, call blocking is a useful feature.

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Well I learn something new every so often :)

I didn't know that was a feature of Windows Phone. Really great. I wonder how they got around the phone companies that don't allow call blocking.

It sure does work good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3