What's wrong with this phone?

Olumayowa Odebiyi

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I've been using my phones hitch-free for the past 2+ years but due to the recent updates before the tragic news that my 640xl had been axed from the FCU, I developed issues with apps failing to completely delete from the app list.

Does anyone have a solution to this? You know how it goes. I had to uninstall apps to create space for the downloads /updates, and then the complaints developed.

Help!! Anyone?

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Your device is doing a backup when that happens. If your backup is huge it will take forever. If you restart your device you could mess it up or it has to start all over.

Go to backups and see that one is happening when you see that.

You can also change options so apps that require huge backup sizes are left out.

A company that knows interfaces would have put "pending backup" to alert the user.

Olumayowa Odebiyi

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Originally posted by Krystianpants
Your device is doing a backup when that happens. If your backup is huge it will take forever. If you restart your device you could mess it up or it has to start all over.

Go to backups and see that one is happening when you see that.

You can also change options so apps that require huge backup sizes are left out.

A company that knows interfaces would have put "pending backup" to alert the user.

Sorry! Back up? Where do I check that? The backup aspect of settings doesn't help at all, as it refers me online, and clueless still...

Olumayowa Odebiyi

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
A hard reset also corrected this problem as well. Odd that the hard reset becomes the one size fix all solution to all the many problems and tweaks associated with the device in the last couple of months for me.

I actually was reluctant to do the hard reset when I found how to it, for fear ot could wipe my data. Fortunately I could exclude the SD cars from the process. Rather slowly but surely all the matters that gad disturbed my use of the phone have all been resolved with the hard reset.

Just back up your data though.

Olumayowa Odebiyi

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
My Microsoft lumia 640 xl finally died irredeemably after the last update in 2018. It just would not come on long enough to do anything with before switching off, then come on again to only switch off again. On and on till the battery was exhausted.

When plugged to charge the cycle would resume, never really charging the phone and never switching off. I thought I should add this entry for the sake of those who ever had or used the phone. It was fun while it lasted but I've gone android now.

Cheers, Microsoft!! You did a good one on us all...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills