Can't get the update for arm devices on 640xl..

Olumayowa Odebiyi

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I use a Microsoft Lumia 640xl. So I'm aware its no longer being supported. However, the latest system updates to which the phone is aware can't be downloaded. This is because it keeps saying the storage is full and I should uninstall apps.

But there are no apps that can make that space available on the phone. (2017-12 updates for windows 10 version 1703 for ARM based phone devices). All app updates transition smoothly though.

It's just the system updates. Is there any help possible? Anyone?

LumPhile

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
First off, your phone is still supported, hence your present predicament. There will be no more feature updates, but that's a different matter.

What is the available free space on the phone at the moment?

Sent from mTalk

LumPhile

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Ok, you need to free up an additional 200mb. I also have a 640 and I've never had problems installing updates with at least 1Gb of available space.

Sent from mTalk

Olumayowa Odebiyi

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I have exactly 150mb left in the phones memory and over 4gig on the the SD card. Usually to get the system updates, I have to uninstall a large number of apps that could have been on the memory card jn the first place.

However, now I don't have apps on the phones memory, other than those preinstalled, and I can't uninstall those. Except for WhatsApp which must be on the phones memory and 8zip. (totalling about 220mb) which when I uninstall, still will not give enough space to download the system updates....

Please what next?

LumPhile

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
The culprit is probably the mail and calendar app, which MS stubbornly refuses to fix. Given your scenario, it does seem that the only remedy is a hard reset

Sent from mTalk

Speedies_UK

Feb 7, 2018
Visit site
Everything is on the SD card...

Hi
Surely the only fix can't be to reset the phone, mine is also a 640 and im tired of the error even after 1.2Gb of freed up space and everything on the actual phone is purely what is from microsoft and 2 apps that cannot be moved to sd card

why cant MS allow removal of TV app, xbox app etc etc

it's not just info etc i'll lose but a couple of years of entries in my calendar that's needed

any other REAL fixes

NEVER buying MS rubbish again - most of the decent apps out there don't even acknowledge MS Phones anyway let alone build an app for them...........:devil::devil:

Olumayowa Odebiyi

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Just plan for a hard reset. Not only do you end up with a lot more space afterwards, but it appears other issues get resolved along the way as well.

Most importantly, back up your data before the reset. Hope it goes as well as mine did. 😄

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb