Suddenly all my messages have disappeared. Can't get any new messages or send them as well...
    02-13-2018 10:16 AM
    Interesting - I'd say try a soft reset before you do a hard reset. To do a soft reset, simply hold down the power button for about 15 seconds, or until the phone vibrates and restarts itself.

Let us know whether or not that works!
    02-13-2018 10:32 AM
    Originally posted by Indistinguishable
    Interesting - I'd say try a soft reset before you do a hard reset. To do a soft reset, simply hold down the power button for about 15 seconds, or until the phone vibrates and restarts itself.

Let us know whether or not that works!
    No! It didn't work. Been hesitant to do a hard reset. Afraid of the risk of losing all my materials and documents on the phone...
    02-26-2018 07:27 PM
    Would like to know how to do a hard reset though, just in case. Appears to be the last resort.
    02-26-2018 07:32 PM
    Would like to know how to do a hard reset though, just in case. Appears to be the last resort.
    02-26-2018 07:56 PM
    Sorry for the quote.... Simply hold in the power AND down volume at the same time
    02-26-2018 07:57 PM
    If you want to do a hard reset, make sure everything is backed up.

To back up: Settings -> Update & Security -> Backup -> Toggle the two options on -> Backup options -> Back up now

To hard reset: Settings -> System -> About -> Reset your phone

It'll take some time. And it'll completely reset your device. I'd suggest keeping it plugged in and charging while this is going on. And do it while connected to WiFi so you can setup the device quicker.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
    libra89 likes this.
    03-01-2018 03:06 PM
    I use a Microsoft Lumia 640 xl dual sim which came with windows 8.1, but I've since upgraded to windows 10. Could a hard reset take all the way back to 8.1 or at least keep me at windows 10 AU? Or hoping it'll be at CU?
    03-04-2018 04:01 PM
    I use a Microsoft Lumia 640 xl dual sim which came with windows 8.1, but I've since upgraded to windows 10. Could a hard reset take all the way back to 8.1 or at least keep me at windows 10 AU? Or hoping it'll be at CU?
    A hard reset on the phone will leave you at the current installed OS version.

Using Windows Device Recovery Tool on a PC will take it back to 8.1.
    03-06-2018 11:02 AM
    Originally posted by ISimmons1
    Sorry for the quote.... Simply hold in the power AND down volume at the same time
    Nope! That didn't work either on the phone. Found the reset button in settings. I'll have to remove my SD card before doing the hard reset. Backed up a few things as well, just in case. Well let you know how that turns out.🤞
    03-07-2018 02:15 PM
    Originally posted by xandros9
    Originally Posted by Olumayowa Odebiyi
    A hard reset on the phone will leave you at the current installed OS version.

Using Windows Device Recovery Tool on a PC will take it back to 8.1.
    Thanks a lot! That's actually quite a relief!! Will let you know if it corrects the anomaly. 🤞
    03-07-2018 02:17 PM
    @xandros9, @lsimmons1 and @Indistinguishable. Thanks y'all. The hard reset was a one all fix all.

Not only have the messages started appearing, but more than enough space has been made available for the most recent update (2018-02, arm).

Fortunately, the opportunity to exclude the materials from the reset save the documents. Maybe not all the music. All's well that ends well. Thanks...
    03-13-2018 07:33 AM