Can anyone help with a problem as to storage on my windows 10 Phone, Lumia 640 xl lte?

jan carlsen

Mar 22, 2018
Visit site
Some time ago I have added a SD card to the device, 28.9 GB when the storage on the device was close to be full and asked new apps to be saved on the SD card. Furthermore, I moved apps from the storage on the device to the SD card. However, now – it is impossible to move more apps to the SD card though only 2.78 GB of the 28.9 GB on the SD card is used. When trying to move more apps to the SD card an error code is appearing and to try to find out how to use the error code is impossible for me. This means that the phone more or less has no value for me.

LumPhile

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Some time ago I have added a SD card to the device, 28.9 GB when the storage on the device was close to be full and asked new apps to be saved on the SD card. Furthermore, I moved apps from the storage on the device to the SD card. However, now – it is impossible to move more apps to the SD card though only 2.78 GB of the 28.9 GB on the SD card is used. When trying to move more apps to the SD card an error code is appearing and to try to find out how to use the error code is impossible for me. This means that the phone more or less has no value for me.
Why not simply do a hard reset and configure the phone to do app installations on SD? That way, unless an app has to be installed on internal memory, you're automatically covered.
If you do a backup prior to the hard reset the process is not as tedious as it's made out to be

jan carlsen

Mar 22, 2018
Visit site
Thank you for your advice. Before following the advice: Do you know if it is possible to move the various apps and files which at the moment is filling up the storage on the device (7.8 GB) - to the SD card? At the moment the storage on the device does mainly contains apps and files necessary to get the phone running. And those which are not belonging to that group is other Microsoft apps (e.g. xbox, films, etc) and they do not allow me to move them to the SD Card. The thing is that when I bought the phone I did install windows 10 on the phone, as it was born with windows 8.2. It seems to me that the windows 10 installation made all the trouble and that the manufacture should not have advised me to install windows 10 as they had forgotten that windows 10 in reality not was suitable to Lumia 640. However, my knowledge on these items are limited why I highly appreciate if you would consider to make you comments to the above. Thank you in advance. might mean that

Alan Bundy

Jul 7, 2017
Visit site
I have the same problem. But now it's worse in that the phone won't switch on. Is it possible to do a hard reset without the phone switche on? If so, how? Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky