Finally a Lumia to take the Moto G head on!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Here is a comparison of the specs:
Microsoft Lumia 640 vs Motorola Moto G LTE (2014) - Phone specs comparison

I think now MSFT can tackle the Moto G head on.
The FFC is 1MP vs 2MP and onboard storage is 8GB vs 16GB in favor of the Moto G.
But in every other respect I think the 640 is slightly ahead. This is definitely going to help MSFT in India, Brazil and the rest of the developing world. The battery is better, digital TV is supported and it supports upto 128GB micro SD card.

Let the games begin!

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Sure, the hardware can measure up, but the 640 has an OS that is 1/30 as popular. Sales won't come anywhere close to the Moto G's.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Even though the device was leaked before being officially announced I was still stunned by how good it looked and responded (on screen at least)

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Well considering the MotoE just got a nice bump, it's quite possible that a new G could be in the play store before this is even widely available. Google wants to own this segment so don't expect them to rest on their laurels.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Well considering the MotoE just got a nice bump, it's quite possible that a new G could be in the play store before this is even widely available. Google wants to own this segment so don't expect them to rest on their laurels.

Google doesn't own Motorola anymore. It is up to Lenovo to play nice or play hardball...

anon(5843918)

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I think the Lumia 640 will beat the moto G hands-down. WP 8.1 much more efficient and snappier on lower-end hardware. Lumia cameras have been renowned for good quality, whereas moto/nexus cameras have always been regarded as sub-par. Lumia 640 beats moto G on storage easily, 8gb + 128gb microsd vs a paltry 16gb. As someone has already said, the popularity of android, esp. vanilla android will play massively in the moto G's favour. However, recently I have seen many more Lumia 630's around, so there is still hope for the 640, which doesn't have any of the drawbacks of the 630.

Manchester1894

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
For my two penny worth, I've tried out both in Carphone Warehouse yesterday, and well, the Moto G looks reliable and but the cover looks really cheap and the stock android nothing new(and I have a Wildfire S!). I took a look at the 640 and the size was a shock. The XL is going to be way too big for me. Windows 8.1 Demo worked okay, however coming from Android it's a shock to the system to have a home screen and (swipe right) menu only.
The only Android contender instore for me was the Sony Xperia M2, it looks and feels great. But I have decided to go with the 640 and buy one this weekend.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos