Lumia 640 Bugs & Defects

Nihad DeVille

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I*m new on win 10 mobile, i have one problem with new instagram (beta) app, when i want to take picture through instagram my focus on camera dont work, i know that this is beta, but is there anyone who has the same problem ?

daryoosh mansouri

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
hey guys
I have the last preview build of win10 on my phone 10586.164 and I did master reset and now I have so many problems.
technically made my phone useless.
1- phone can not be recognized by PC, tried different pc's, cables , reseting by power+vol- and I can not even downgrade to win8.1
2- glance screen did not work so i uninstalled it and tried to reinstall from store but now it says this app is not hardware compatible
3- touch is not working I mean the setting can not be changed an I have to get along with the annoying vibrate
4-flip ti silence in dead
5- can not adjust brightness profile
6- other problems
could u please help me , mostly I prefer to downgrade to win 8.1
pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaase

StalaggtIKE

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys. I'm scratching my head on this one. I bought a ATT Go 640 a couple of days back. It came pre-installed with 8.1 release 2. I installed the Windows Insider App, enrolled in Insider Release Preview and waited on the download. After sitting at 98% for a while it fails with a 80882d1 error. I've tried:
  • cold and hard resets
  • ensured I had more than 3.1GB of free space
  • restored through Windws phone recover tool

I had no trouble putting Win10 preview on my 929 (Icon). So what am I missing here?

Thanks for any help.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Have had a weird issue pop up sometimes on my 640 where the screen just randomly gets a strong red tint to it (makes it feel like my phone has been possessed). Turning the screen off and on again seems to fix the problem.

Paul F22

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Lumia 640 Bugs & Defects... Alarm App messed-up.

I have an unlocked 640 that I upgraded via the Insider App to Win10 Build 10.0.10586.164.

I have had 3 issues since upgrading the phone at the weekend, two separate issues related to the Calendar & Contacts, and the one related to the Weather app... a Hard Reset after each issue occurred fixed it.

Well, now the Alarm App is totally messed-up! It ONLY rings if it's "On" in the Notifications & Actions center, and only rings whatever "Notification sound" I've selected, NOT the actual Alarm sound.

If I turn it off in the Notifications & Actions center the alarm doesn't sound at all.

But what's even better is that once the Alarm starts to sound, the ONLY way to shut it off is to turn the phone itself off!!! Turning the Alarm and/or the Notification "Off" does nothing!

I really don't want to do a 4th Hard Reset if I can help it, does anyone have any ideas?

Update...

Okay, my 4th Hard Reset seems to have fixed the problem... for now! LOL!

Last edited:

alen4430

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
Hello guys. I have problems with my smartphone, it was already 2 times in the repair center, but they didn't solve anything. My problems are same on the Windows Phone 8.1 and windows mobile 10. I don't know why, but service center didn't find anything unusual. Problems are that touch screen doesn't work well, GPS needs about 10 minutes to find my location, even when I am connected on internet, sometimes Wi-Fi turns off automatically, it's not connected with my home network or router and the last, but not least that even when I am in Edge, or before in Windows phone 8.1, my device was so hot that I couldn't hold him in my hands. Sorry for my bad English, what are your suggestions about this problems? Thanks :)

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Have had a weird issue pop up sometimes on my 640 where the screen just randomly gets a strong red tint to it (makes it feel like my phone has been possessed). Turning the screen off and on again seems to fix the problem.

This used to happen to me every now and then, but I think it stopped happening when I updated to Windows 10 mobile. Very weird, but not so frequent so it wasn't a terrible annoyance.
Although I think in my case it was a BLUE tint. Weird.

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Hello guys. I have problems with my smartphone, it was already 2 times in the repair center, but they didn't solve anything. My problems are same on the Windows Phone 8.1 and windows mobile 10. I don't know why, but service center didn't find anything unusual. Problems are that touch screen doesn't work well, GPS needs about 10 minutes to find my location, even when I am connected on internet, sometimes Wi-Fi turns off automatically, it's not connected with my home network or router and the last, but not least that even when I am in Edge, or before in Windows phone 8.1, my device was so hot that I couldn't hold him in my hands. Sorry for my bad English, what are your suggestions about this problems? Thanks :)

About the GPS, if you are inside a building it might be normal for it to take long, it also happens in other phones. WiFi or 3g/4G might help to give a rough estimate so you see the "approximate" location if you have internet access via those. But the GPS thing when insides is normal if your GPS chip can't get the satellites' signals, and thick walls or roofs can cause this. Try testing it outside in an open field, or using one of the apps that let you test GPS and see how well you are seeing satellites etc.

Canjok

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Sometimes my Touchscreen is not working correctly. It is kinda slow and makes the overall experience bad. But a restart normally fixes that.

OwlFeels

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
I updated to w10 on my lumia 640 a few days ago and since then, I can't set up properly an alarm , my alarm goes off even if it's not active , I deleted it and it still goes off , I updated to .494 build yesterday and the alarm is still bugged , please fix this annoying bug , I don't want to reset my phone just for this thing. Thanks.

MartLea

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I have seen this happen when the phone is shut down unexpectedly before it has finished saving stuff, i.e. when there seems to be a problem and the cover/battery is removed to 'fix' the issue. Other cause might just be a bad SD card I guess.

May 12, 2016
Visit site
Find the error :grin:
Capture001.png

No idea what caused this, I had my phone on my pocket then I sit and when I unlocked it was like that but still could access the drop-down menu, had to reset to fix it.

Also, there's a problem when trying to send 10 photos through Messenger, it leads to a crash but I don't think it's W10M fault.

May 12, 2016
Visit site
1.) That's the error, no idea what caused it, first time I saw that bug since I have the phone (1 year)
2.) Not sure what you are referring to but I have those three apps inside a folder maybe it's that. Note that even inside folder, live tiles still continue also the transparency can cause some illusion :p

Canjok

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
1.) I'm jelous of your error. I would love to have such a system tray :D
2.) Yep, I don't use folders, so I didn't know how the live tiles in a Folder are. I believe if I used folders, I would find them pretty awesome! :)

K4m1k4z3_WP

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
DIGITAL VIDEO STABILIZATION

I figured I'd ask here as well:
Am I really the ONLY ONE who experiences dropped frames (slightly laggy video) when recording at 1080p/30fps with digital video stabilization turned on?

I've already asked about this in the 730/735 forums and I've found topics about it on the Feedback Hub from 640/640XL users as well.

More info in my original topic: http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...video-stabilization-~26-fps-instead-30-a.html

jamharden

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Vibration in my 640 LTE just stopped working all around the phone. It doesnt vibrate when ringing, nor when touching touch panel (the option is turned to ON, moreover, switched it to Off-On several times). Just do not want to do HR, but I am unable to start that vibro on my 640.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa