Lumia 640 Bugs & Defects

mc_razza

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Vibration in my 640 LTE just stopped working all around the phone. It doesnt vibrate when ringing, nor when touching touch panel (the option is turned to ON, moreover, switched it to Off-On several times). Just do not want to do HR, but I am unable to start that vibro on my 640.

Did you try a soft reset? Press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons until the phone vibrates (or just count 10 seconds then let go).

Canjok

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
DIGITAL VIDEO STABILIZATION

I figured I'd ask here as well:
Am I really the ONLY ONE who experiences dropped frames (slightly laggy video) when recording at 1080p/30fps with digital video stabilization turned on?

I've already asked about this in the 730/735 forums and I've found topics about it on the Feedback Hub from 640/640XL users as well.

More info in my original topic: http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...video-stabilization-~26-fps-instead-30-a.html

On my L640, Videos have sudden lags. 1080p/25f

WellingtonW

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 640 has become very buggy. This weekend I'll be moving to Android. Apart from the bugs and glitches I think the Lumia 640 and Edge is under powered for browsing etc. People might have better experience on faster Lumia's. But for me the L640 doesn't cut it anymore. Sad moment, as I still prefer the Windows Phone OS, its just not had enough love from MS. Lately my experience is that a lot more websites just don't work well on the 640. They are either very slow, format very badly, or simply don't work. I suspect that websites are just no longer coding for Mobile Edge.

Diamond67

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
MLately my experience is that a lot more websites just don't work well on the 640. They are either very slow, format very badly, or simply don't work. I suspect that websites are just no longer coding for Mobile Edge.

I have noticed that with some websites sometimes you think that the whole phone freezed, because suddenly nothing happens. You can see the website but swiping (scrolling up or down) doesn't do anything for several seconds.

And I've seen that randomly the screen turns grey, and then totally black. This may last for 10 secs. You just think that your phone died. Then the browser wakes up.

Very annoying.

Bob Hanson

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Did you try a soft reset? Press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons until the phone vibrates (or just count 10 seconds then let go).

That is the old way of doing a soft reset for lumia phones. The 640 only requires that you press and hold the power button for ~10 seconds.

joaoalbuquerque

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Anybody else having some random restarts? Just tried calling somebody today and suddenly it restarted.
I am having the same issue. Sent my 640XL for repair (still in warranty) for two times. In the first time, they changed the display. In second time they said no issue found and returned me the phone. Random reboot still happens. How about you? Have you solved your random reboot issue? I don't know what else to do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss